Dawn and Dusk

WHITE

I slash and stab at the straw dummy, getting even more furious when I realize my posture is probably all wrong. Pretending that the messed up dummy is that silver-haired devil, I pin the knife straight through his heart.

I couldn't even focus on practicing.

Finally, I sigh and plop down on the ground, my mind spinning as I grip V's knife tighter.

"There you are."

My entire body goes taut as a rope as a hand brushes over my shoulder, ash silver hair flickering in my peripheral vision. I shake my head when for some reason, I scent V— winter and fresh pine.

I must be hallucinating.

"What do you want?" I hiss when his teal eyes glimmer in mirth, knocking his hand off of my shoulder. "Are you going to say something, or did you come here just to sit and do nothing?"

He suddenly bursts into laughter.

"You are so— interesting." He says, his smile deepening his eyes when I wordlessly glare at him. "You just might work."

"For what? So you can torment me?" I growl, pushing him away when he pulls at my hair. "Stop touching me before I rip your face off."

"Your threats have less weight than your curses." He says silkily, and I start destroying the pile of straw that once used to be a human figure. I was in a terrible mood swing, and the fact that he was here really didn't help.

I glance at him to see if he's going to leave anytime soon.

His ash hair looks like it's made from snow, and I can see a faint amber ringing his teal eyes. It reminds me of V, before I push that thought away with a huff.

"I know I'm beautiful, my dear Miss White."

An angry heat flushes my cheeks. "Can you leave if you're not going to do anything but this? I have stuff to do."

"He should be here soon." He suddenly says, lowering himself down to my eye level. He's so close I can smell the winter on his breath. "I suggest we kiss, if you really want to spite him."

"What are you even saying." I hiss, placing two flat palms on his chest before shoving him away as hard as I can. "You crazy, insane—"

"Good morning, baby brother."

My angry words stop at my throat as V walks briskly into the room, his eyes narrowed with fury. In just a span of one second, I go from being appalled to confused.

V?

"You should've told me Asher came back." He hisses at Jimin, and I blink, my fingers tight on the handle of the knife. "I went all the way to Winter for nothing."

"What's the fun in that?" Jimin laughs, messing around with V's dark raven hair until he forcefully shakes away his hand.

"You're his brother?!" I yell in a mix of shock and anger when realization finally dawns on me. "Wintry?"

"Call me Jimin." He says, wrinkling his nose at the name. "Oh, and by the way, the Truth and whatever was all a lie. Although it was very entertaining— you have my deepest thanks."

My mouth drops open.

When I see V turn and leave, I hurry to follow him, making sure to smack Jimin as hard as I can in the back of his head when I do. The amused laughter he pulls is even more infuriating, and I slam the door shut behind me so I don't have to hear it.