Happier Than Happy

WHITE

"White."

My eyes blink open at the familiar, deep voice. I'd fallen asleep in the dome again, curled up on my side. The grass feels soft under my body, and I relax when I see V's amused gaze.

"Do you want me to make your room like this? You seem to like this better."

"Come here." I mumble under my breath, lifting my hand and touching his cheek. The green shade of his eyes look deeper today— such a rich, beautiful color.

"Why are you so pretty?"

I pull him down, and he seems surprised as he loses his balance. He catches himself heavily on the grass just before he falls onto me, so close to each other.

"What? I—"

"When you get all flustered like this." I laugh softly, pressing butterfly kisses on the line of his jaw. His cheeks are slightly red by now, and I smile harder. "I love it."

"No." He suddenly sputters, turning his head to the side. His large hand is covering the entire half of his face, but I can still see the furious blush between his slender fingers.

I love it when he gets out of his cold ice block.

My hand shifts to his hair, and I'm thinking how soft his dark locks feel against my skin when he suddenly sits me up on the grass. I start to protest, but I instantly get quiet when he gives me a look.

It's that kind of look that tells me he's not blushing anymore.

"White." He whispers lowly under his breath, and my eyes get wide when I feel him place harsh kisses on the tender skin of my throat. "I think I've been too soft with you."

"W-Wait!" Now I'm wide awake, my fingers digging into the back of his shirt. But he doesn't listen to me, and I gasp in shock at how rough he is.

"V!"

He drops my head back down on the grass, and I relax too fast, thinking that he's done. But then his cold fingers wrap around my wrists, pinning my hands together above my head. My face is a furious mess now, and I suck in a quick breath as he kisses me again.

My hands struggle to free themselves, but his grip is like iron.

"Y-You...." I gasp wildly, dizzy and completely distraught when he pulls away with an icy smirk on his heart lips. They're slightly swollen, tinted a deep red from kissing.

I heat up fiercely, not knowing how mine would look right now if his was like that.

"Did you say something." He asks, his tone so deeper than usual. It's like he's gone down two octaves, at least.

When I just gulp, he smiles slightly and traces his fingertips around the shape of my parted mouth.

"My beautiful demoiselle," He rasps lowly, and his Blessing rushes through my entire body. The pain that I feel isn't painful though, but it's hauntingly pleasant— sending sharp tingles running up my spine.

Air escapes me softly when I look up at his steady gaze.

"What would I do without you."