Trick Room

V

"Tell me how to fix this, please." I call to Jin, desperation showing through my voice. "Hyung. I need to fix this."

"I heard." He sighs, abandoning his pen. "White, yeah? She's taking your Blessing whenever she touches you?"

"Yes."

My face twists into a distasteful wince. "I could care less about it, but she— she doesn't want to touch me anymore."

"Wow. Roles have been completely reversed."

"It's not funny." I say sharply, and he sighs again, crossing his arms thoughtfully over his chest. "I need this fixed. She doesn't know why it's happening, and so do I."

He purses his lips. "Hmm."

"Hyung." My gaze firms up, and I press my lips together harshly. Stubbornness settles into my eyes, and he laughs the moment he catches the look I'm giving him.

"I need this fixed."

"Fine." He groans, uncrossing his arms. "I'll ask Yoongi. Maybe he'll have something, that grumpy old man."

"Isn't he younger?"

"You know what I mean." He rolls his eyes dramatically, waving his pen in the air. "He acts like he's a century older than he is."

My features relax. Yoongi would know what to do— it was just the problem of getting him to help.

"Thanks, hyung."

He shakes his head with a little smile, sighing as he stands up from his work desk.

"You're so whipped for her, Tae."

_______________________

WHITE

"You're always here."

I flick my eyes up, but I already know who the rich voice belongs to. My hand brushes against the soft grass.

"It's my favorite place."

"Good." He suddenly sounds so much closer, making a pleasant shiver shoot up my spine. I feel his hand against my forehead, and start to protest softly.

"I'm wearing gloves." He whispers, and the words die down on my tongue. "It's fine."

I release a breath. This was so dumb. Why was I acting like this— imagine how hurt he would feel every time I pushed him away. I could still remember how I'd certainly felt.

"I'm sorry."

"I understand how you feel." He says, his gloved hands soft and cool against my skin. "But this is ridiculous, White. I'd rather be a bit weaker than usual than you avoiding my touch like the plague."

"It's not just a bit." I mumble protestingly, and he pinches my nose.

"You know what I mean, demoiselle."

Pressing my lips together, I roll over on my stomach. The grass tickles the spot under my chin, and his green eyes flicker up to watch me.

"Fine." I whisper, my fingers tight around his glove. "But no more sleeping together. Promise?"

He smiles when I ruffle his hair, running my fingers through the silky locks.

"If you say it like that."