Little Girl

WHITE

"White! Kill her!"

Unnie's voice is urgent. Then I hear metal clashing, and I don't have to look around to see people have found us.

Kill her.

Kill her already.

The Empress' lips suddenly twist in glee, and her voice is ecstatic. "You can't kill me, can you? I should've known— a pure healer. Healers don't kill."

"White!"

Morning shouts again, her icy voice desperate.

Do it, dammit.

Then I suddenly see her malicious amber eyes, lashed with thick mascara. I can see V in them, in the two pools of red orange.

And then my heart freezes to ice.

"You touched him."

I plunge the knife through her heart. She doesn't even notice, her smile frozen on her face as life leaves her in a second. I can feel that she's dead.

The most powerful woman, gone just like that.

I'm a healer, and I've killed a person.

"She doesn't count as a person." Morning's voice suddenly rings out next to me, and I look numbly in her direction.

Two Blessed lie dead behind her.

"Unnie, y-your arm." I point out, dropping the bloodstained knife to the floor. "It's, uh—"

"This is nothing." She says, pulling me up from the ground. Her snowy gaze doesn't even flicker at the lifeless body next to me, like it's not even worth a glance.

"Come on. The others might need help."

Ignoring the fact that she practically has blood covering her upper arm, she starts walking somewhere. I follow her like a puppet, my hands and feet numb.

"Right here."

As if she finally decides she wasn't going to put up with my moping, she grips my wrist and pulls me quickly through an open door.

The first thing I see is a large glass box in the middle of the room.

Immediately I hear Asher's voice.

"What happened to you?"

Jungkook rolls his eyes as he hurries to touch her arm, but Morning shrugs nonchalantly. And then he sees me, but I ignore him.

I'm too busy to get to V, who's unconscious in Jungkook's arms.

"What happened? Why is he fainted?"

"I can barely feel his Blessing— that glass, probably." Jungkook says, blinking at my sharp glare in his direction. "Oh, and sorry about earlier."

"I thought you said he was somewhere high up?"

"Illusion." He says, his cheeks turning a bit red. "We— uh, kind of struggled with that when we came in. But it disappeared once hyung was out. I'm guessing it was temporary."

He glances once at my bloodstained hands, and turns his gaze down.

"Let's get out of here first."

_________________________

WHITE

Jungkook ends up teleporting us into the forest right behind the Palace, protesting that it was too exhausting to get the five of us all the way to Winter.