Finding You

JIMIN

I hear the sound of my name.

"Yeah?" I call back, my gaze lifting from the grass. My eyes squint a bit to focus on V, and confusion fills my face at the expression he's making.

Why does he look so scared?

And then I hear it. A chill runs up my back when animal sound comes from the side of my deaf ear. My head snaps to the right, and I go completely still when I look into the furious eyes of a winter boar.

It's so close.

"Hyung!" Then arms wrap around my waist, pulling me backwards. The boar runs through the place I'd been standing right before, tossing its head as it spins on its heel.

"Use your Blessing!" Jungkook shouts, his dark doe eyes wide as he holds me. "Hyung! Your Blessing— ice it or something!"

It's coming for us now, and Jungkook shakes me wildly. I feel helpless, knowing there was nothing inside of me— not anymore.

"I— can't."

"What?"

Jungkook's eyes go wide when he realizes I couldn't save the both of us. And now it's too late for him to teleport out of the way— too late for anything.

I'm so useless.

Then a knife slams into the boar right between its eyes, followed by a second that drives deep into its heart. It crashes to the ground just before reaching us, and I flinch as its blood flecks my face.

"What the hell...." V gasps, his hand still outstretched from throwing the knife. His expression is angry—confused, and furious.

Because I'm supposed to have killed it off easily— with the Blessing I didn't have anymore.

"Hyung!" He grips my shoulders, shaking me. There's still the terrified look in his eyes, and tears sting mine. "Why didn't you— you and Jungkook could've gotten killed! Did you know how—"

"I'm sorry."

My chest feels tight, knowing that's the only thing I can say. I fix my eyes on the ground, knowing that if I look up to see all the confused and fearful looks they're giving me I might start crying against my own will.

I don't want to cry. That's too pathetic.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook says, then suddenly gasps when Jin hyung shoves him back. He grips my chin in his gloved fingers to lift my face up, and I quickly turn my head away to the side.

"Is my baby okay!" He shouts, and I groan, burying my flushed face in my hands.

"I'm fine...."

"Thank goodness." He says, flicking his head back at the dead boar. "I poisoned it just to make sure. It's dead now— nice throw by the way, Taehyung."

Then hands grips my shoulders.

"It's okay, hyung." My cheeks blush in embarrassment when Jungkook hugs me tightly to his chest. "But you're fine, right? I get why you froze up like that— it was terrifying."

Even though he's trying to comfort me, I don't lift my hands from my face.

Because I can feel V's stare on me, confused— worried.

And uncertain.

_________________________