A Half Confession

WHITE

"Hi!" Jimin says brightly the next morning, his lips stretched into a wide smile as he walks in. I turn to him, about to smile back when I nearly jump to my feet.

Gripping his wrist, I rush to tug him back out of the room. I hope that nobody else had seen it— seen his left eye.

The sparkling, pretty teal from before had faded down to a gray.

"White?" He says in surprise when I drag him out of the room. When I look up to see his expression, my heart feels like it's going to break.

He looks so afraid. I can literally hear his thoughts that he's thinking right now— does she know about what I did? Does she suspect?

"Jimin." I whisper, gripping his wrist tighter. "You know you can trust me, right? That I won't hate you or anything— yeah? Come on, we've known each other for so long now."

But my lips purse together when he just nods softly, eyes wide. I'd kind of hoped he'd tell me— but I also knew how hard that could just be sometimes.

"Jimin, I know what you did for Jungkook."

The moment I say that, it's like his world crashes down. When he stumbles away from me, I shake my head firmly and pulling him back.

"W-What? How do you know—"

"That doesn't matter, Jimin. It's just that I wanted to tell you that your left eye— it's gray. That's your blinded one, isn't it?"

A part of me hadn't wanted to believe Morning when she'd told me about this. But now watching an expression of terror cross over his delicate features, I know it's completely true.

"W-Who knows?" He stutters, and I pull him to my chest, hugging him tightly. He's shaking, and my lips curve down in sadness.

"Jimin, don't be afraid. It's only Morning and me— but I think you should tell the others." I say, holding his shoulders. "They won't be angry at you. You know we all love you."

"I just—" He chews on his lip, and I stare at the ground already knowing that he wouldn't. "I just can't let Jungkook know. I want him to be happy. Not worrying over me."

"You can't hide it forever." I say, stepping away. "But I won't force you to do anything, Jimin. What about your eye? It's not teal anymore."

He looks lost at my question. His irises are glistening with frustrated tears, and I squeeze his hand encouragingly.

"I know you can do it. Don't be afraid. Jungkook will understand."

But I completely didn't expect what he'd do after. After I'd told him that his eye had changed color, he'd locked himself in his room— letting nobody in, nobody out.

For the next three days.

__________________________

JUNGKOOK

"Hyung! Open up!" I say, knocking furiously on his closed door. No reply comes from the other side, and I push back the hurt bubbling in my chest.

"Why are you being like this? Everyone's worried about you!"

I'd really wanted to let him come out on his own. But this couldn't go on— not anymore. It'd already been three days, and I was worried sick. He hadn't even showed up to eat.