No More Hiding

WHITE

"There." Morning says, finally dropping her hands from my hair. When she'd seen me looking dejectedly at my own reflection, she'd taken it upon herself to make me feel better.

She'd cut my jagged, uneven hair even shorter, into a pixie cut.

"Thanks." I say with a small smile, can't waiting to show V. "This is so much better— I should've come to you earlier, Unnie."

"Now go show your boyfriend." She says, and I happily comply, hopping out of my seat and running my fingers one last time between my dark locks. "And if he doesn't like it, he'll answer to me."

"Thank you so much." I repeat with a grin, rushing out of the room to find V.

I find him focused on papers in his room— helping out Jin, no doubt. Taking care of an entire House was no joke.

I'm about to step in when he leans back against his chair, tapping a pen against the bottom of his full, heart lips. The lamplight slants on his perfect face, and I swallow.

My excitement dies down slowly.

What if he doesn't like the cut? All women he'd probably seen had beautiful, long hair— and I'd once had that too. Dark, luscious sable locks that came down all the way to the middle of my back.

I'm chewing on my lip nervously when he notices me first.

"Demoiselle." He laughs softly, motioning for me to come in. "What are you doing there? You know—"

But then his green eyes flash up to my hair, and I swallow when he puts down the pen.

"Uh, haha." I say awkwardly when he doesn't say anything. "What do you think? It feels really light now— and it's going to be so easy when I shower, I think. Yeah...."

"You look so beautiful."

My mouth drops open in shock when he pushes off of his desk, gripping my chin and crashing his lips into mine. The doubt in my mind melts into warmth, and I kiss back.

How could I ever have even thought to doubt V?

"Damn, I need to get to work." He murmurs, but wraps my cheek in his large hands and shifts his lips to the curve of my ear. "And you just have to come in like that, hm? Are you trying to seduce me?"

I blush hotly, feeling him bite lightly into my ear.

"W-What are you even talking about.."

"Of course." He smiles, his hand messing with my hair. "Even if you just stand still and breathe, you'd still be able to distract me, won't you."

He brushes his lips roughly against mine one last time before letting me go.

And I'm still flushed, stunned by how fast that had gone from a zero to a hundred. This was completely opposite of what I'd expected— maybe a smile or two.

But this?

"By the way, I also— uh, wanted to tell you that you should come eat." I mumble as he looks down on me with his forest eyes. "It's dinner time."