Storm to Pass

V

It's gone— the door, and all traces of it. There's not even a small gap, nothing that suggests of anything other than a wall.

House Merca, and their damn building skills.

My forehead feels hot, and my neck is stiff from trying not to look down for such a long time. I've never been so hungry before— but I force it to the back of my mind.

My mind feels so weak, and so does my body.

And then my appetite disappears like mist as she comes in, tray of food in hand.

Strong perfume comes off of in clouds. My head pounds with nausea, and I instinctively turn myself away.

She clicks her tongue.

"Won't be too long now." She says, her voice sweet. It makes me wince. "I had this place specially made for you. The glass weakens the mind and body, drives one insane."

No damn. I'd noticed that since I'd woken up in here.

"Eat."

She suddenly commands. But I don't move a single inch, and that seems to piss her off to my satisfaction.

"I'm only going to say this one more time." The Empress hisses, and I press my forehead to the cool glass. "Eat the food."

White.

"If that's the way you want to act."

My closed eyes fly open when I suddenly feel slender fingers grip my collar, wrenching my head to the side.

Her amber eyes are inches from mine, and I freeze with shock. My eyes widen, and she smiles deeply.

"Your eyes are so green."

"Stop touching me."

Anger twists my features, and I stand up abruptly, shaking her grip off the collar of my shirt. But I move too quickly— when I hadn't since I'd come here.

Dizziness.

My legs give out from underneath my body. In a second I'm back down, breathing hard and my paled fingertips gripping onto the glass floor. The heavy nausea rolls through me, like waves.

She laughs.

"They say the eyes are the mirrors to the heart."

"I told you— this place will drive you insane." She murmurs, and my eyes sting just looking at her thin smile. "And very quickly. It's be so much easier to just give up."

"Why me?"

She raises her eyebrow, and my gaze grows darker.

"The other Blessed— there are so many choices. Go to them. Why—"

"Do you really have to ask that?"

Her laugh is cruel, and the smile is gone now as her fingers trace my lips. The movement is so quick that I don't even have time to shift back. And even if I do, there is no more space. It's only the wall against me.

I feel sick, knowing she's toying with me. Touching just enough to sting.

Damn this.

"You're so different from the others." She says, and runs her hand roughly up my thigh. Her touch is hungry, full of lust.

"Too pretty for your own good. You've always been. So distinctive in your beauty."

I bite my lip so hard I taste blood.