Bonus: Only One

Before the Epilogue

WHITE

"One cup of sugar!" I yell, and Jimin shrieks out in laughter as I hurl the entire measured cup of powdered sugar in his direction. He'd already poured an entire bag of flour over my head, so my hair probably looked more white than black.

"Okay— okay! Truce!" He yelps when I start shaking out cocoa powder out onto another bowl. "Can we actually start now?!"

"That's what I've been trying to do for the past hour, Park Jimin!" I say, looking at the messed up bowl of batter.

"They're probably going to all come back soon— we don't have time!"

"Fine, I'm sorry!" He laughs, and his light giggles are contagious as usual. But soon I get to my position, reading through the recipe again.

"Alright, starting again." I announce, trying hard not to laugh when he looks at me with his sugar-covered face. "Three cups of flour. In the bowl."

"Okay, okay." He says with another smile, coughing at the white dust that's everywhere from our fight. "And then?"

"Wait, is this a red velvet cake or what?"

"It's a chocolate!" He exclaims, fixing me a look. "Remember Jungkook's favorite?"

"I honestly don't even know if V or Morning even likes cake." I comment, reading off another ingredient from the stained list. "Jin does for sure, though."

"We have to finish by the time they all get back!" Jimin coughs again, waving his hands in the air.

"Listen— one vanilla! Wait, no, it's a chocolate right?" I look at the list, and shake my head. "Actually vanilla apparently still goes in a chocolate cake recipe. Who even knew?"

"White!"

I giggle again before reading off the rest of the ingredients. Jimin huffs out a breath as we finally manage to get the pan with the batter in the heated oven.

"Finally." He sighs, slumping exhausted against the counter. He narrows his eyes at me. "White, it's so hard working with you. Honest."

I glare back, ruffling my white-streaked hair.

"You're the one who dumped flour all over my head first, idiot."

"Your reaction was hilarious." He grins widely, and I turn to him to stick out a tongue in his direction when I find him pressed up against the back. His fingers crumple the material of his shirt across his chest.

I instantly get to my feet, eyes wide in shock.

"Jimin!"

Oh no. Oh no.

He's having an attack.

"Hey—" I look around furiously, even though I know no one's here to help. Jungkook, V, Morning, and Jin had all gone to the Palace the day before, to erase their names from the candidate list.

All four of them had been chosen to be put as potential candidates to lead the Blessed, because now the Emperor had been banished for being a Powerless.

And Yoongi had taken Rell as apprentice.

So it was only me and Jimin, and now this was happening.

"It's okay, Jimin." I say as soothingly as I can, even though I'm panicking as much as he is. And the fact I couldn't do anything about this made me feel so helpless. "It's okay—"