Illusion

WHITE

"You found her?"

Jungkook?

When my head snaps up from V's shoulder, I see Scythe. He looks almost exactly like the man who's carrying me— shadows underneath scared eyes, pale, dirt-streaked skin.

I almost cry then and there.

"How are you not in pain?" He asks, eyes widening slightly when he sees me in V's arms. "His Blessing— I thought it was—"

"I can soothe pain as well."

Liar, I think with a ghost of a smile as he pulls me closer. He could only take away pain that wasn't from him. The only reason he could do this was because of his feel—

I stop thinking.

Because he feels for me right now.

That makes me flush red all the way down to my toes, and I watch Jungkook purse his lips as he draws back. Then I look up, and I see the two of them with their eyes locked in a burning stare.

"........"

Huh?

"Thank you for your help." V says stiffly, and I raise a confused eyebrow as he walks briskly inside. When I struggle to try to get a look back at Scythe, V's grip becomes tighter.

I sigh when the door closes before I can get even a glimpse.

"Go to sleep." He murmurs under his breath, and I relax back into his arms as he enters a room. I'd thank Jungkook later, with a bag of candy. "It's better that way."

"I'm sorry about Jimin."

He suddenly tenses, and I have a two-second seizure as a burst of hot pain spreads from my head to the tips of my toes.

"Ow!"

At my instinctive gasp, V quickly puts me down on a plush bed. It's his, and I realize he'd brought me to his room as I try to swallow my breathing.

When I look back up, there are dark gloves over his pale, cut hands and a painfully bitter expression on his pretty features.

"Sorry." He rasps, breaking his eyes from mine and turning his face away. I can see him swallow, the spark of his Blessing as it disappears back into his figure.

"It's okay." Shaking my hair from my face, I wrinkle my face when I realize I'd gotten mud on his sheets. "Oh."

"Doesn't matter."

"Anyways, about Jimin—"

"I'm sorry I thought wrong." He apologizes, voice flat. Not because he doesn't feel any emotion, but because he's trying to hide the fact that he does. "I should've known. It was obvious."

"I wasn't trying— wait." My eyes flash up, shocked. "You know?"

"It's the Empress." Then his face finally twists, and he looks down in rage. "It's my fault."

"No it isn't."

"You don't understand, demoiselle." Pulling the bandana from his dark hair, he grabs a dark cap and pushes it over his face. "You don't."

"Then tell me."

"All you need to know." He growls, eyes shadowed viciously. "I'm going to murder that woman even if I lose my life for it."

"You didn't answer me." His gaze slashes to me, and to my surprise, he starts talking. It wouldn't have surprised me if he'd kicked me out his room altogether, but he tells me.