After Dark

JIMIN

Jungkook looks so panicked, looking around anxiously as I hold on tight to his sleeve. His eyes are covered by a cloth, hiding the damage underneath.

All my damn fault.

I turn to stare daggers at the back of the man, imagining how good it would feel to cut it open with a knife. He deserved to die, along with everyone else in this Palace.

And him most.

I gaze up at the Emperor in hatred. My eyes are cold steel, and he looks back at me with a smile on his lips.

"I see you've patched him up a bit."

I almost snap then and there. But I barely keep myself together, feeling Jungkook flinch under my tight fingers.

"What the fuck do you want?"

He smiles even wider, and my teal eyes glint at the Blessed watching. They're not smiling, but they might as well be.

Damn them all.

"Well, I'd preferably have your eyes ripped out too, but my Executioner refuses to touch you for some reason." He says lightly, tilting back on his chair.

"Some promise he made with your friend before he took his eyes out."

Jungkook's tugging on me wildly, telling me not to let him get to me. But I can't help it— I can't help the words that slash from my mouth.

"Happy now that the Empress is finally dead and you've finally crawled up to her spot, huh?"

I'm satisfied to see that his eyes flash red in fury for a second. Then it darts to the Blessed quickly to check their reactions, and I roll my eyes.

Because it's so true.

"Disrespect will not be tolerated here." He growls, and I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly. That seems to piss him off even more, which I want.

Jungkook is tugging full speed now, clearly sensing that something's wrong.

"Take the blind one back to the cells."

My heartbeat relaxes a bit— at least I know that Jungkook will be safe. He'd already been hurt too much to be hurt even more.

It was my turn now.

_______________________

WHITE

I groan, my legs trembling and sore. My entire lower half hurt, from riding nonstop all day and night.

I'd never done that before— and I was planning on never doing it again until I died.

My Blessing thankfully made the pain a little less, and I quickly make my way to the Palace. I was starving and thirsty, but Jungkook and Jimin were more important.

I had to pray that they were both safe.

Clenching my teeth, I climb over the walls around the Palace garden and land in a pile of flowers. Now I smell like rose— maybe lavender.