Phantom Pain

WHITE

My body crashes into something much different than the rock hard floor.

It's actually soft and warm, and I'm wondering how that's possible. I'd literally just fallen like a thousand feet in the air— probably even more.

And I'm too afraid to open my teary eyes, because the best explanation for this was that I'd died and landed in heaven. That I'd died so quickly I hadn't even felt the pain.

"Open your eyes. Everything's fine."

Impossible.

But when I slowly peek open my eyes, I immediately burst into violent sobs, shriveling down into a wrecked crying mess. Because somehow everything did turn out okay, just like he's saying.

Soft, quiet laughter echoes above me, and I just keep crying until I remember.

He'd been shot.

I quickly swallow back my cries, hiccuping furiously as I force my red eyes back open again. And only then I realize he looks completely exhausted.

And the arrow's still in him.

"L-Let me down!" I yelp, my words all messed up with sobs and hiccups. But somehow he understands, and carefully lets me onto the rocks below. My feet struggle to find balance for a second, before I start pouring out words like a kid with a tantrum.

"Howcouldyoujustmakemeleavelikethatandlsaveyouallbyyourself! Doyourealizewha—"

"Woah, demoiselle." He whispers, kissing me on the cheek and running his fingers soothingly down the length of my short hair. "It's okay. Don't worry."

I instantly pull up my Blessing despite his assurance, cursing at it mentally that now it was working as good as new. Just a few moments ago, it'd completely stabbed me in the back.

And then I see Jungkook.

He's holding an unconscious Jimin in his arms, looking down at his still figure with an unreadable expression. But I can tell that his eyes are darker than before— almost icy.

I reach for V, feeling weak and tired as I finish healing him.

"I want to go back home, Taehyung." I whisper, burying my face into chest. His comforting smell surrounds me as he lifts me up again, stronger from my Blessing.

His lips brush across mine.

"Sleep. I'll get you home."

________________________

JIMIN

I wake up feeling sick. It feels like there's something pressing on top of my chest, and I swipe a heavy hand across it, trying to get it off of me.

But there's nothing there.

My eyes finally open, and I breathe unevenly when I recognize the ceiling of my room. Even remembering was so difficult— my head hurt so much.

All I knew is that I'd failed to find Jungkook.

It's hard to get off the bed, and I can feel the sweat pouring down my back when I finally touch the ground under my feet.

I can't breathe.

I press a hand to my chest, trying to breathe normally. But it still felt like something heavy was on top of it, and the dizziness really wasn't helping at all.