All Night

WHITE

Ow.

Frustrated tears spill from my eyes as I look at my crimson fingertips, then my bare feet where I'd lost one of the shoes while running.

Stupid, stupid V.

An enraged yell bursts from my lips as I wrap my fingers around a stone on the ground, throwing it as hard as I can towards a tree trunk. When it bounces off and back to the ground, it makes me even more furious.

"Damn you!"

How could he even dare to think that I killed Jimin? He was someone I loved, would've given my life to protect.

And now he was dead.

Tears spring to my eyes, and I sink to the forest ground sobbing. It was cold, my feet hurt, and I was absolutely terrified being out alone in the darkening woods.

Screw my damn life.

I cry and run through every curse word I know, and then I cry some more. When I finally have no more tears to let  out, I curse again, except this time I say it softer into my palms.

What was the use of my damn Blessing if it couldn't save anyone who mattered?

It saved V.

Shut the hell up, I tell myself, curling my body into a tight ball. Anger spikes up my spine when I think back to his hate-filled eyes. He doesn't count.

Now it's dark enough I can barely see six steps in front of me, and the terrified feeling of being alone and so vulnerable comes back. Too scared to actually get up and move, I just hug myself tighter with my back against a tree.

It's so cold.

Well, you're stupid as damn, I whisper to myself, fingers kneading together. You get scared when you're alone in your room at night. How actually dumb can you get?

Now that the adrenaline had faded from earlier, the terror is a living thing in my imagination. It feels like anything could lunge out from the shadows any moment, and I already feel like I'm being watched.

Stop being paranoid.

When the cold finally gets too much to bear, I slit one of my eyes open. Now sun has completely set, and I can't see my own hands.Should I go back? Just start walking randomly?

Stupid.

Burrowing my head between my knees, I listen to the sound of my own teeth chattering and the wind cutting between the trees.

I feel more alone than I've ever felt before.

And it's so cold.

"Demoiselle."

My head snaps up, eyes alight with hope and desperation as I search for his familiar figure. But the only thing that meets me is the dark forest, and I realize I'd thought that up in my mind.