Sage

WHITE

"No! Jungkook— wait!"

My eyes go wide, and I rush out of my room at the desperate sound of Jimin's agitated voice. Jungkook notices me, his brown eyes filled with tears. Jimin's gripping tightly onto his arm, looking close to crying as well.

"White— did you know?" His words tremble, and I don't know what to say as he touches the outline of Jimin's darkened eye. "That this is my fault?"

I try to control my expression, but Jungkook's known me too long. He sees me through like glass, and he swallows dryly.

"So everyone knew, and they all refused to tell me." He murmurs emptily, something in his eyes broken. "White, I thought at least you—"

His hands are shaking.

"So I made you into a crippled Powerless."

A frustrated sound comes deep from Jimin's throat, and he shakes his head wildly. "Jungkook, I told you it isn't your fault—"

"I'm sorry. I just need to be by myself for a while."

"No—" I shout, but by then he's already gone. The dark wisps of his Blessing is the only thing that's left of him, and Jimin sinks to the ground with his face buried in his sleeves.

"H-He found out. And it's all because of me ." He stutters when I wrap my arms tight around his shoulders, my expression still frozen from shock with what just happened. "I should've listened to you."

"It's not anyone's fault." I say firmly, making my voice as soothing as it would go. "Jimin, don't worry. He'll come back— probably in like a few hours. Jungkook's just not the type to disappear for long, you know that. It'll be fine."

I hug him tight, blinking emptily. I'd seen the look in his eyes, before he'd left.

He blamed himself. So hard— enough to have that broken expression.

"It'll be fine." I repeat softly, listening to Jimin press down his cries to silence.  But I know my words are empty words, and he knows it too.

The both of us don't know when Jungkook's going to come back.

_________________________

"He's gone to Yoongi." V says, voice quiet. He sighs softly, pressing his lips together. "To probably ask to cancel the entire trade you did, hyung. But that's not possible."

"We should go right now then!" Jimin exclaims, getting to his feet. "Maybe he's still there—"

"It's a half day on horseback." Morning murmurs under her breath, her eyes thoughtful. "And he most likely won't be there once we arrive. He can teleport."

"I'm going still." Jimin says, the frustration showing clear on his face. "There's no other lead."

"Then I'll go too." I pipe up, and V fixes a stare at me. He sighs softly, running his hand through his dark hair.