Five Minutes

WHITE

The moment I slip the last of my fingers from his hand, his eyes flutter. I practically sprint to the chair, my feet almost sliding on the floor as I skid into the seat.

Safe.

"Hi." I say with an awkward smile as he scrambles up into sitting position, the blankets still covering the lower half of his body. "Nice sleep?"

Dammit, I think, mentally slapping my forehead. Not what I meant to say.

"What are you—" His hair is messily tangled, dark locks tumbling down his forehead. "Oh. Is it morning?"

"It's night." A smile splits my lips when he goes still, his eyes flashing to the windows. There's panic in his features, and I laugh.

"Don't worry about it." Relaxing convincingly into the chair, I stretch and arch my body out like a cat. "You look so much better now."

It was true— there was a healthy blush in his cheeks, and he didn't look exhausted at all anymore.

When he looks down at his palms and glances up at me with his eyes narrowed, I decide to look really interested in the small bookshelf in the side of the room.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, and I glance back as he stands from the bed. The white shirt and his ruffled hair gives him a boyish look, and I almost don't believe he's the same person.

My lips move by themselves.

"How old are you?"

When he tilts his head, I flush from the bottom of my feet in embarrassment. "I mean— I mean I'm fine."

"Twenty." He says, a rare smile flashing in his lips. It makes him look even more youthful, more mischievous. "Would that change anything?"

"No." But my answer is too fast, and he smiles wider. He's almost like Jungkook for a second, a devilish grin on crooked lips.

"Why don't you smile more? You look less— uh, colder."

"If you want me to, all you have to do is ask."

That makes my mouth practically drop open in shock. He watches my face, and smiles again when he sees my stunned reaction.

"What's wrong with you?"

The smile fades.

"I don't know." He mutters quietly, and he stares at the ground, repeating his words. "I don't know."

"No, no— I didn't mean it like that." Pushing myself up from the chair, I approach him as he sits back down on the edge of the bed.

Plopping down next to him, I swallow and look at his side view with my heart practically leaping from my chest.

It was impossible for anyone to look like this.

"If I ask," I begin quietly, and his alluring green eyes flicker towards me. "Then you're going to do it?"

He considers, looking back to his crossed fingers. "Just one thing."

Just one.

But I already know what I want— it's something that I want to try, anyway.

Well, I'm going to die soon, so might as well push with whatever I want.

Trying to keep my face from flushing, I cross my legs and turn so I'm looking straight at him.