The ashes of yesterday

Three years. Three years had passed since that day. When all realities were saved by one special woman.

The only woman I ever loved.

She sacrificed herself for all of us. It was a sacrifice no one would ever forget.

I still remember it like it was yesterday.

~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~

It was all over. The war for the Universe's freedom was over. But the price was too great.

I stared at the pendant in my hands with tears still running down my cheeks as we went back to the Atlas.

As soon as we got onto the bridge, Phoenix's brothers, Kai and Ray, ran up to us with smiles on their faces.

"You guys did it!" Ray shouted happily. But as they looked around with the rest of the crew, they noticed that Phoenix was missing.

"Where's Solaris?" Kai asked. With just the mention of her name, Allura burst into tears. Everyone on the bridge understood what had happened.

"No..." the brothers gasped in disbelief.

"She can't be gone. It's not true!" Ray ran past us, but Shiro stopped him before he could run any further.

"She's not gone! We just got her back! We can't lose her again!" Ray shouted as he and his brother cried.

We all just stood there, crying and mourning for the loss of our friend. All of a sudden, the pendant o held began to glow.

The glow became brighter and brighter with ever second that passed. I let it go when it became hot.

Just as it hit the ground, the glow faded and formed a figure. We uncovered our eyes and stared at the new figure in front of us.

It was a girl, smiling softly at all of us.

It was Phoenix.

"Big Sis!" Kai and Ray shouted, running to her, but only to go straight through her. They steadied themselves on their feet and turned back around to see her glowing figure.

"Hello, everyone." She said, "This may be a lot to take in. First off, if you are seeing this, then that means the war is over and the universe is safe. It also means that I had sacrificed myself to save it. I knew that this time would come. I knew since I first came across the Universal Flame that Allura would want to sacrifice herself in order to save the universe. But I couldn't let that happen. It would be too much of a sacrifice. During the nights after my encounter with the Universal Flame, it showed me what needed to be done in order to save both Allura and all of existence. I will have to sacrifice the Phoenix inside of me, let it disperse throughout all realities. I'm sorry I didn't tell any of you, but I didn't want you to stop me. I had to do this. With my sacrifice, we can live for years to come. It will take a while for me to finish what I have to do, but I will return, no matter how long it takes. I love you all. I'll see you soon."

Her form disappeared and returned to the pendant on the floor. Kai picked ui p the pendant, tears still falling down his cheeks as his brother walked up to his side.