The Belly of the Weblum

I felt at peace in Keith's arms, just listening to his heart beating softly, made me feel safe and warm.

But I couldn't shake the sense of... Affection coming from his flame.

What was it? What type of affection was it?

A friendship? A team? Or...something more?

Our peaceful silence was interrupted by the speakers going off.

"Paladins, come up to the bridge." We heard Allura say. Keith slowly pushed me away and kid his knife in his pocket.

"We should get going." He said, a pale blush on his cheeks.

I looked down at my hands and sighed, "You're right. Let's go."

We stood up and walked out of the room towards the bridge. Once we made it to the bridge, I stood next to Keith as we came up with a battle plan.

For three hours we talked and strategized.

All of a sudden, Hunk's snoring ended as he was jolted awake.

"Huh? What'd I miss?" He hastily asked.

"Oh, nothing important. We've just figured out a way to defeat Zarkon." Lance said.

"Really? I dozed for ten minutes and you guys figured out how to defeat the forces of evil?"

"You've been asleep for three hours." Pidge said. Hunk nervously smiled.

I stared closely at the holographic representation of Zarkon's main ship. A place I knew all too well.

"I think we've got something here." Shiro said, "It's dangerous and there are a lot of moving parts, but if we can coordinate everything just right, then--"

"Zarkon's reign will be at an end, and the savagery that's poisoned our universe can finally be cleansed." Kolivan finished turning towards Shiro, "You've done it Shiro."

"We did it together." Shiro said holding out his hand in a friendly gesture, for which Kolivan gratefully accepted.

I smiled at the friendly scene, but when I turned towards Allura, I could tell even without looking at her flame that she still didn't trust any Galra.

And her feelings towards Keith were still mixed. I frowned at her attitude and actions towards the Blades and towards Keith.

For a princess/ Democratic leader, she sure is not being a very accepting one.

"As long as we all stick to the plan, it should work." She said.

"It will work." Kolivan said firmly, "Perhaps, then, you'll learn that not all Galra are as bad as Zarkon."

Allura turned towards Keith, soft glare painted on her face as Keith looked down, not facing anyone.

I looked up at Keith, then towards Allura and Kolivan.

"I hope not." Allura mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

"You shouldn't just hope, Allura." I said surprising the Altean princess, "You should know by now that not everyone of the same race is the same."

She stayed silent at my comment.

"Ulaz was right to trust you all." Antok said.

"He sacrifice everything to bring us together. And he even tried to save Phoenix before me. Let's honor him by taking down Zarkon." Shiro said.

"So, what's the plan?" Hunk asked.

Lance ran up in front of the hologram and spread his arms out excitedly.