Defender of All Universes

My side was burning painfully, but I couldn't worry about that at the moment. We were about to face our most challenging foe yet. Galran Prince Lotor, Son of the late Emperoe Zarkon of the Galra.

I gripped my control handles tightly, ready for Lotor to make a move. We floated there in space, waiting for a sign of movement, the anxiety killing all of us.

"Coran, you've got incoming." Keith said, launching a portalable pod with the Shiro clone inside to the Castle.

"Phoenix, are you sure you don't want to go and heal in one of the pods?"

"I'll be fine. I won't use too much of my power. Only when it's highly neccessary." I said, trying to hide the pain behind my voice.

I sighed as the pain numbed with the warmth of Agnimitra's flame coursed through my being.

"Thank you, Agnimitra." I said softly and looked back out to the upcoming battle.

Lotor made the first move, swinging his arm back and creating an orb of pure energy before throwing it at us in a blast of light.

"Shield!" Keith shouted, and the shield was created, blocking the attack. The blast was powerful, pushing us back and making us feel the pain Voltron felt.

"Hunk, form cannon."

"You got it!" Hunk inserted his bayard into its slot and formed the cannon on our shoulder. The cannon charged and fired a powerful blast at Lotor, almost hitting him.

At the last second, Lotor flew away, dodging the attack with incredible speed. With it cannon still firing, we followed Lotor's moves, but he was too fast to catch.

He activated his thrusters and flew even faster through space, our attack still not making even a scratch.

"He's too fast!" Lance shouted.

"Then we'll have to get in close. Form sword!" Keith shouted, as the sword was formed. Lotor's machine placed its hand on its sides and created a flash of light. He raised the arms above the head and formed twin blades, glowing in a deadly purple light.

He forced the machine forward and went in for the attack. We pulled up our own sword and blocked the deadly blades, our contact creating a loud boom of the conflicting energies. Lotor pushed us back again, I could feel his flame growing darker, colder and stronger as every second passed.

"Now we will see how Alfor's legacy stands against the new Altean defender." Lotor shouted, his voice low, dark and full of corruption.

He pushed hard and swung his blades, for which we blocked skillfully. He swung again and kicked us to the side, but we stood our ground as he came in for another attack.

"Move!" Keith shouted. We dodged and Lotor sliced the asteroid behind us. The asteroid shone intensely and broke into pieces. An event that made my heart thump in fear of us being in its place.

Lotor quickly jumped back into the fight as we turned and faced him, but when we turned around, we didn't see him. My chair turned around to the back and I quickly spotted Lotor ready for a sneak attack.

"He's behind us!" I shouted my warning and Voltron quickly turned around and blocked the attack. Our swords clashed again and again while the battle pushed us back further.

Lotor spun around and hit Voltron in the head, making us disoriented and unbalanced in open space.

Keith groaned when we stopped spinning, turning to the right and seeing Lotor come in for another attack.