Lions' Pride PT. 2

We all watched from either the ground or in the sky as the large ball of fire came closer and closer towards Earth.

"No!" Allura gasped.

"Paladins, brace for impact." Keith warned us, "Hunk, help me with Shiro. Phoenix, can you come down and try to heal him?"

I nodded and summoned Agnimitra back into my pendant, then flew down to the ground where the Yellow Lion was. In an instant, the area was covered in dust as the new enemy crashed into Earth's surface.

I covered my face with my arms and felt the Yellow Lion come towards me, opening his mouth and taking me in. Next thing I knew, I was in the tunnel that led to the cockpit, where Shiro and Hunk were.

I ran through the tunnel and walked into the cockpit, immediately spotting Shiro on the floor and Hunk looking up at our next enemy.

I looked up through the window and saw the enemy. It was a large, white mech with a weapon in each hand shaped like a blade. It stood there, not moving an inch.

"Hunk, Phoenix, get Shiro to the Atlas. We'll cover you." Keith ordered.

"On it." Hunk replied.

The mech hummed as its energy grew and it immediately fired. Hunk flew the Yellow Liom to Atlas, which had landed safely on the ground. He grabbed Shiro and I walked behind them, keeping a hand on Shiro's back as we walked inside.

Almost instantly one of the Garrisok doctors appeared and took Shiro from Hunk.

"We'll take it from here." The doctor said.

We nodded and ran back to the Lion.

"Shiro is aboard the Atlas." Hunk said. He boarded Bouloren and I summoned Agnimitra back out to fight.

We activated our jaw blades and went in for closer attacks, unfortunately, this beast was more skilled than we thought. I went in from underneath and behind, but somehow the beast spotted me and shot my lion.

My vision went hazy for a moment as Agnimitra shook from the impact, but I shook it off and flew up to the others. The Black Lion went in for through attack, but he too was struck down.

Just as the mech was about to attack all of our Lions fired their lasers to distract it so Keith could escape.

"Keith, we got you covered. Get out of there!" Lance said, Keith taking advice and getting out of its range.

"Anyone have any idea where this thing came from?" Hunk asked.

"No clue." Pidge replied.

The beast prepared to attack, aiming its lasers at the Yellow Lion.

"Hunk, watch out!" I shouted, knocking my lion into the Yellow Lion and steadying myself to shoot off my own laser, one as strong as an ion cannon.

I pushed as much power as I could into my attack, but this mech was even more powerful. The blast was enough to push me and my attack back. I screamed in pain from the hit, the blast slamming me into one of the mountains behind us.

I shook my head to relieve myself of the dizziness and looked back up at our opponent, who was already attacking the others.

What was this thing? And where did it come from?

We tried attacking from all sides and corners, but the beast kept blockimg our every attack.

"We just defeated an entire Galra armada, and now this?" Allura shouted, her voice sounding irritated.