Battle Scars

I was sleeping in Agnimitra as we flew through the universe. It had been days since we parted from the Atlas and we've checked several star systems in that time. Warlord Lahn gave us all information his fleet had claimed about the location of Honerva's Robeasts, so we've been following that for a while.

But as I slept, I saw nothing but horror and felt nothing but fear. People were screaming as Honerva's beasts were attacking innocent planet that were linked to the Voltron Coalition. And the most recent attack I've seen was on Olkarion. They were so terrified but fought hard. Then, I saw it.

I saw a green flame in the shape of an Olkari and it was motioning me to follow.

"Come with me, Solaris. Come to me." The flame said to me over and over. But I couldn't follow it as a flash of intense light shone down on me and took the flame from my sight.

I woke up abruptly with a loud shout, alerting all of my friends.

"Solaris, is everything all right?" Allura asked as their faces appeared on my screens.

I quickly calmed my breathing down and wiped the sweat from my brow.

"Yeah...." I whispered, "Just a bad dream."

"You've been getting a lot of those lately. What are they about?" Pidge asked.

I shook my head, not wanting to hear the pained cries of the innocent anymore.

"I'd rather not talk about it." I answered, "Changing the topic, how many more star systems are in this quadrant, Pidge?"

"This celestial quadrant is 230,000 light-years in diameter." She answered.

"I can't even process what that means." Hunk said tiredly.

"Olay, picture five fleas searching for another flea on a dog that's the size of Earth." Pidge tried to clarify.

"Ugh, all this talk about fleas is making me itchy. Are you guys feeling itchy?" Hunk asked as he scratched himself.

"Pidge, why can't you and Hunk just make a Robeast tracker thingy, you know?" Do some math and science stuff. Then put some components together, and bam, its done." Lance suggested.

"Perhaps we should set our heading for the Altean colony." Allura said.

"We've talked about this." Keith said, remembering the conversation on the colony topic, "To get to the colony, we would have to travel through the Quantum Abyss."

"Plus, Kolivan said the colony no longer exists." Pidge added.

"But there will be clues there, something to go off of."

"Traveling through that abyss was one of the most harrowing experiences of my life. A single misstep could turn a six-month journey into a ten-year journey. The creatures, the environment, everything in there wants you dead." Keith explained. Kosmo whined, "Except you." Keith added. I chuckled at him. Keith was sweet to certain people.

"I'm tired of hearing what we can't do and what we don't know." Allura said.

"Allura, we just want to make the best decisions--"

"The Alteans were my people, and the last of them are being exploited as soldiers in someone else's war. You don't understand." Allura cut Lance off.