Begin the Blitz

We stood on the bridge of the Castle, getting the latest informatiom from Kolivan and Keith.

It was nice to see a friend, even though he had contacted me a little less than a week ago. Still, it was good to see him again.

"Entire Galra fleets have been mobilized." Kolivan informed, "Zarkon seems to be out looking for Lotor."

"It's only a matter of time before he gets the empire back in order." Shiro stated, "We need to take advantage of that."

"What are you getting at, Shiro?" Allura asked.

"Now is the time to assemble the coalition that Voltron has been building." A large map of the universe appeared above us, marking every Galra outpost and fleet, "With the intelligence gathered by the Blades and coalition observers, combined with Pidge's tracking software, we now have a detailed map of the Galra Empire. I've identified an intermittent line of coalition planets that runs through the territory."

A clean line of planets lit up in the Galra territory.

"If you look closely, there's only one Galra-occupied planet left on that line."

A single planet was circled on the map. I gasped when I saw the planet.

"Naxzela." Allura and I said simultaneously.

"Exactly." Shiro continued, "If we capture Naxzela and solidify that line, we can cut off all the Galra troops behind it from central command and use our position to defeat them."

Everyone smiled in excitement.

"Wow!" Pidge exclaimed, "We could take back a third of the Galra Empire in one fell swoop."

"Do we have a plan?" Hunk asked.

I hummed in thought and smiled, snapping my fingers as a plan popped into my head.

"We attack several locations across the region, at once. But, with that type of plan, I'm not really sure how to pull it off completely" Shiro said.

"Leave that part to me, Shiro." I said, "First, we'll have to cut off communications between the region and Galra Central Command."

Shiro's eyes widened, "Yes, that's it. The satellite relay station orbiting Vantax Five handles all communications to Galra Central Command. We'll strike there."

"Pidge and I can handle that." Hunk volunteered.

"The Blades have informed us of two Galra defense systems coming online called Zaiforge Cannons." Shiro said as a large hologram of a cannon appeared above us.

"Now, these cannons can strike any target within our combat theater. The first, in high orbit around the planet Teq, will be attacked by coalition air forces led by Matt and Captain Olia. Kolivan will lead a Marmoran strike team against the second cannon, located on the surface of Senfama, which is vulnerable to a covert ground attack."

"I get it." I said in realization of the plan's objective, "The plan is to take control of the cannons and use Zarkon's own firepower against him. Nice move, Shiro."

"Right, Phoenix. Once the coalition forces and the Blades neutralize these targets, Galra defenses will be weakened, allowing us to take down the remaining Galra-occupied planets in this area. While our forces are taking control of the planets, Naxzela will already be under attack."

Allura glanced over at Shiro confused, "By whom?" She asked.

"Voltron," Shiro answered.

"Aw, yeah!" Lance exclaimed, hugging Pidge and Hunk around their necks, "Team Voltron's gonna drop in Naxzela, form Hunk's giant laser cannon, and be all like, 'Pow! Pow! Pow!' Easy-peasy."