The Black Paladins

I flew through space, following the rouge pod Shiro was using with Lotor inside. This Shiro was a fake and I would not let him get away with what he did to me and my friends.

"Shiro, I know you're not the real Shiro, but you have some of his flame inside you. Stop this!" I shouted, but no reply can through.

All of a sudden, I felt a massive amount of energy erupt in front of us. In an instant, a purple wormhole appeared in front of Shiro's pod.

"Guys, are you seeing this?" I said.

"Yeah, but how did they open a wormhole?" Lance asked.

"Haggar. It has to be Haggar." Allura growled out angrily, "She must've gained the ability. But how?"

"No idea." I said, "She's always been full of mysteries."

"We can't worry about that now." Keith said, "We have to make sure we get Shiro back."

"But Shiro's not Shiro anymore." Hunk said.

"I know, but something is wrong with him. The Galra or Lotor have to be behind it." Keith said, "You all know he would never give up on us. We can't give up on him."

I turned around and saw Voltron fly towards the wormhole as Shiro's ship began to approach. But they were flying at a lower speed.

"Guys, one of my thrusters is down. Can you compensate?" Keith asked.

"Those beans torched our power core. I've never seen anything like it." Pidge informed us.

"We've got maybe 30 seconds of over-clocked burn time." Hunk said.

"Hit it!" Keith shouted, and the thrusters kicked in at full blast. I heard the sonic blasts from the increased speed as they raced even faster than before.

"We're halfway through our burn." Hunk said, "25%..."

Shiro's pod went through the wormhole...

"15%!"

The generals ships entered the wormhole...

"8%!"

"We're not going to make it!" Lance yelled.

"Too heavy!" Pidge shouted.

The wormhole was closing and Voltron wouldn't make it, so they had no choice.

"Everyone, disband Voltron!" I shouted.

"What?" Everyone said.

"No, Phoenix has a point." Keith said, "The energy from disconnecting might create enough thrust to propel me through the wormhole."

"You'll be the only one on the other side." Allura said.

"No, he won't. I'll be right there with him." I said.

"Phoenix are you sure-"

"There's no time to be sure, just do it!" I shouted.

A second later, Voltron disbanded and Keith was sent propelling to my side in the Black Lion.we both flew straight into the wormhole right before it closed and exited out the other side.

But when we saw out opponents, we were more than shocked.

Several battle cruisers and Galra ships were placed right where we were set to exit the wormhole. And they were prepared.