The Gala PT. 2

I sighed as the music played loudly and the people began dancing. I turned towards my friends and Aunt, my Aunt suddenly lunging towards ne and wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"That was perfect, Solaris! And you loom amazing!" She exclaimed as she pulled away from me.

I smiled, "Thanks." I turned back towards my friends and walked up to them. The boys were blushing so bright that they were comparable to cherry tomatoes.

"Well, what do you think of the dress?" I asked, but no one said a word, their eyes wide and mouths hanging open.

I nervously fiddled with my dress amd rubbed the mark on my arm.

"I know, I know. It's not my best work, but it's all I could do on such short notice." I said.

"What are you talking about?!" Pidge exclaimed, speaking for the first time, "If this isn't your best work, then I really want to see your best!"

"Pidge is right, Solaris, your dress is amazing." Allura said happily.

Shiro walked up to me and patted my shoulder as he smiled proudly, "You look great, Phoenix." He said.

I laughed and looked past him at Coran and the three other Paladins.

"Hey guys, what's wrong? You guys look like beached fish." I said, laughing at their expressions.

"Uh... Um... Wow. You look a-amazing." Hunk stuttered, his face completely red.

"Yeah~~ You look great." Lance said in a flirty tone, leaning closer to me.

I leaned back and stuck my leg in front of his foot as he etched closer, tripping him and making him stumble.

I laughed along with the others as he fell face first onto the floor. I lessened my laughter and looked over at very red Keith.

He was faced away from me and blushing hard. Curious about his behavior, I walked straight to him and stood straight.

"Keith, what's your opinion on my appearance? Don't I look lovely?" I asked.

He glanced over at me and his cheeks burned even brighter, his eyes quickly looking away after he saw me.

"Y-You look good, Phoenix." He stuttered, completely out of character for him, confusing me even more about his behavior.

I smiled again and made my aay down the stairs to mingle with the Solarians.

As I walked down the stairs and made it to the ballroom floor, everyone began to compliment me on my dress and just create small talk.

"Empress Solaris!" I heard a small voice shout from the other end of the room.

I turned around and smiled when I saw two familiar faces. Aura, ran up to me with her parents and baby brother Rion not too far behind.

All of them were dressed in amazing suits and dresses.

"Aura, Rion. I'm happy that you coukd make it." I said, kneeling down to face the young girl at her level, "You look beautiful."

Aura smiled and blushed, running inti my arms and hugging me as right as she could.

I laughed and picked her up in my arms, her mother and father smiling at me while Rion was reaching out towards me.

"Empress," the father said politely, "It is a great honor to meet you. I'm sure that your rule of this planet will be as grear as your father's."

"Thanks, but I don't think I'll be as great as my father." I replied.