Departure: A New Paladin

A week had flown by since our contact with my father's people, the Solarians. During that week, I had spent a lot of time with my Aunt Fira, who told me so much about my father in his younger years.

Turns out, my father was as kind and selfless back then as he was when I knew him. Also, my father was not yet old enough to take the throne, but still ruled Solaria as its prince with Aunt Fira.

In return to learning more about my father, I told her about my family and life on Earth. I told her all about my mother and how she was so happy and kind. Aunt Fira laughed softly as I described my mother, saying that my mom was a perfect match for my father.

I also told her about my younger twin brothers Kai and Ray. I had told her about my dreams about my brothers, and since I had learned about the past Emperor and how he had seen the future from the Phoenix, I understood now that my dreams were showing me brothers and mother in the future.

I was happy to know that fact about me seeing my family, even though I was far away from Earth.

My Aunt was amazed and intrigued by my stories about my family and the adventures I had taken since I escaped the Galra after my father died. She never interrupted me as I spoke, letting me take my time in explaining every detail.

I had also spent some of my time to bonding with Agnimitra, the Solarian Lion, a new addition to Voltron. Of course, Agnimitra had already bonded with me on a deep level, due to her contacting me in my dreams.

It only took a day or two to finally bond with her completely.

The others had taken a liking to Solaria because it reminded them of Earth in many ways. The people were kind to them and very welcoming. Other than the different color scheme and the fact that Solaria was basically a giant sun, it was identical to Earth, which made my friends feel at home.

But even with all of that going on around us, my mind frequently went back to the night of the gala, when Keith kissed me for the first time.

Just the thought of the memory made my head spin with so many questions.

Why did he kiss me?

What was he thinking at that moment?

And why didn't I move away when he kissed me?

However, I pushed them all those thoughts away to focus on Agnimitra. After being here for a week, our group decided to leave and rejoin the battle against the Galra.

The light shining through my window woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up in bed, stretching my arms and legs to wake up.

I yawned loudly as I went to the bathroom to get dressed. I grabbed my clothes and took a quick hot shower to further wake me up.

About fifteen minutes later, I was dressed and ready to leave. I walked back into my room and saw two pieces of jewelry on my bedside table: my stone and the hair clip made from the stone on the ring Keith gave me.

I gently grabbed the fire colored stone and tied it around my neck. The sudden change of my stone made me think that I should wear it proudly, not just on the back of my head.

So, from now on, I'll wear my stone proudly around my neck where everyone can see it. A symbol of my father's planet. A symbol of my father who entrusted me with Agnimitra.

Then next came the hair clip. It used to be a ring, but it felt a little strange to wear one on my hand right now. Before the gala I changed it, taking the stone from the ring and attaching it to a gold hair clip.

I took the clip and held it in my hand, admiring the glittering stone as it changed to a soft ruby color upon my touch. I smiled softly at the stone, thinking, 'What a beautiful color. It matches his flame so well.'