The Hunted

"Keith, what on Earth do you think you're doing?" I asked, running down to halls to the Blue Lion hangar.

"You want a leader, well this is how I lead." Keith answered.

I scoffed, "That idiot." I ran into the Blue Lion's hangar and up to Allura.

"Allura take me with you in the Blue Lion. I've gotta be there to help." I said. She looked at me like I was crazy.

"But you're still not fully recovered." She said.

"I'm strong enough. Please, Allura." I begged.

Allura sighed and let me join her and the others.

We flew out of the Castle, following Keith in the Black Lion.

"Lotor's cruiser is on the otherside of the planet." Pidge informed us, "At our current rate of speed, we'll be within attack range in an hour."

"Good. Hold formation." Keith said.

As we flew, I could feel Allura and Aquamos's flames connecting and disconnecting. They weren't ready to fly let alone fight.

The Blue Lion swerved a little and bumped into thr Yellow Lion.

"Oh, apologies, Hunk!" Allura said.

"Mm, is attacking right now such a good idea? You, since not everyone is so great with their lions?" Hunk asked

"Do you mean me, specifically?" Allura asked.

"You? No. No way, I didn't-- I'm just simply pointing out that more than half of the team are in new lions. Maybe now's not a great time to bite off more than we can chew."

"You can blame our hot-headed leader for that one." Lance said.

"First, you want me to leader, and then you complain about how I do it. Prince Lotor us the heir to the Galra throne. We could end his reign right now." Keith said.

The Red Lion pulled back a little and flew next to the Blue Lion.

"Allura, you doing okay in Blue?" Lance asked.

"In fine." Allura said, "I've been flying the Castle for half my life."

"Yeah, Phoenix, how are they really doing, you know, flame wise?"

I changed my vision and saw the two flames. The pink flame was trying to control the blue flame, while the blue flame is trying to connect with the pink one, ultimately gaining no progress with connection.

"Not so good. They're a little mixed up at the moment." I said, looking down at Allura with concern.

She looked up at me with a confused oblivious expression.

"What? I just need a few ticks to adjust to the Lion." She said turning her focus back to space.

"Good... because we're going in." Keith said.

"Keith, listen, this is not the right time to fight Lotor." I said, "Our team is mixed up and not ready to fight in their new lions. We need to retreat and train before fighting."

"Or we could end this now, Phoenix. Either you're with me or not."

I sighed, and since I don't have a Lion of my own, I couldn't really give a say on the matter. I had no choice but to go along for the ride.

We spotted Lotor's cruiser up a head, and he spotted us. I gasped when I felt a new flame heading towards us. It was a light lavender color with a black base. And it was full of confusing mixed signals.