The Colony

It was a dark and lonely place. A place where no one lived and was forgotten in the past.

It was planet Daibazaal, the once great home of the Galra. We flew closer and closer to the destroyed planet. All of us, except for Lotor and Allura who were in the hangar with the finished ship, stood on the bridge waiting for them to launch.

We watched several screens as the ship began to prepare, but I was worried more than anyone. Lotor's flame was too much. It was darker than ever and I didn't like the cold feeling it gave me.

He was up to something. Something bad.

"Beginning system check. Front and rear stabalizers." Lotor said.

"Front and rear stabilizers are go." Allura confirmed.

"Quintessence collection array."

"Quintessence collection array is go."

"Infracells."

"Infracells up."

"Dynotherms connected."

"Swtiching on mega-thrusters." The ship thrusters switched on.

"Mega-thrusters are go."

"Okay, I can't be the only one who sees that this is nuts, right? I mean, just getting in there is a long shot. Then they have to make it out again?" Hunk asked.

"I agree with Hunk. This plan is a foolhardy and unnecessary risk."Coran said.

"I can second on that." I said raising my hand.

Pidge turned and looked down in thought.

"I don't know," she said, "I mean, we've traveled through the quintessence field to another reality. This isn't just theoretical physics. Mathematically, we know it's possible."

"Well, it is hard to argue with math. Believe me, I've tried." Coran said as he pushed himself against Pidge.

"But even if they do reach the quintessence field, then what?" Lance asked, "The last time anyone got in there, it turned Zarkon evil."

"Lance makes a fine point! Take that, math!" Coran exclaimed.

"Zarkon fell prey to his own evil instincts." Shiro said, "the quintessence field didn't create them, it revealed them."

"You know the saying 'Like father, like son'. Lotor's flame is dark and is flickering around as if he's hiding something. Letting him go with Allura into the quintessence field is a horrible idea." I said.

The bay door opened and the ship lifted to launch, then it sped off towards Daibazaal. We watched the ship speed off towards the destroyed planet with worry filling our minds.

"So this is goodbye, for now." Coran whispered.

"Allura." Lance said.

"Yes, Lance?"

"Get back safe."

"I will."

The ship flew closer and closer to the quintessence field gate.

"T-minus ten ticks to gate entry." Coran said as he counted down.

9...

8...

7...

6....

5....

4...