Blackout

This was it. Our biggest battle yet. A battle that would determine whether the universe would be freed, or forever under Zarkon's control.

"We've gotta act fast." Shiro said, "The power will only be down for 20 minutes. The Blade of Marmora's schematics showed four targets we need to hit. The weapons systems, the engined, the bridge, and the shield generators."

I watched the targets pop up on the screen and readied myself in the red lion if I was needed to give an extra boost to Voltron.

I was ready to give up my entire flame if I needed to, just so that universe and my family would be safe from this danger.

"Now, lets put an end to Zarkon, once and for all."

"Yeah!" We all shouted determined to win this battle.

"Form sword!"

The Red and Green Lions formed that sword and Voltron flew straight for the ship.

"Phoenix, this is gonna be a little rough. You gonna be okay back there?" Keith asked as we flew closer to the targets.

I smirked and scoffed, "I think I can manage." I sat down on the floor and placed my hands on the metal ground, slowly giving my flames to Voltron.

"Child, are you sure about what you are doing?" I heard Aquamos ask with worry in her voice.

"I'll be just fine, it's only a little at a time and not all the time." I sighed and looked down in slight fear and sadness, "However, my dream earlier this week makes me a little scared."

"Don't worry, Solaris. We'll be right here to help." Konrad said reassuringly.

I smiled, "Thanks everyone. Now, show Zarkon who's the strongest warrior in the universe."

The lions roared and cut through the ship like a knife through warm butter. We hit the weapon systems first so they couldn't shoot back and sliced our way through and out.

"Hit the engine systems!" Shiro ordered. Voltron flew in a big circle and stabbed the engines with their sword. The engines exploded and were rendered useless.

Voltron continued to slice the engines, hitting every vulnerable point in the shop we could. But as we finished off the engines, I stopped and paled at the sense of a new darker flame.

I stopped feeding my flame into Voltron and went stiff. This flame made me feel like I was drowning in a never-ending ocean of evil. It was blacker than night and colder than space.

It belonged to a monster.

I gasped for air as the flame grew stronger, wrapping my arms around myself in hopes to shield myself from this flame.

But it was no use.

"Stay focused." Shiro said, "We've neutralized the engines. Let's target the bridge."

When Voltron flew closer under the ship and towards the bridge, I felt the flame grow even stronger. Underneath us was a powerful, blinding light that radiated malice and darkness.

I stood up and staggered my way to Keith's seat as Voltron looked down at the large black sphere below us.

"What is that?" Lance asked.

"Something really bad!" I shouted, "We need to get out of here, now!"

Keith looked behind hin and towards me, gasping in fear when he saw my pale face.

But before he could ask me anything, the black sphere launched an attack. Black lightning shot from the darkness and hit us directly.

"NO!" I shouted, and without thinking, I pushed as much of my flames as I could spare into Voltron to protect the paladins.