Kral Zera

It felt like something was there, but now, it was gone for good. Never to appear again. But with every death, comes a new flame. I just hoped that this flame wouldn't be the one that scorches the universe.

Days had passed after the attack on Olkarion. I had used too much of my power during the fight and exhausted myself. I was asleep for a day to recover both physically and mentally.

But mostly, I tried to make sense of what Shiro, the real Shiro, had said to me in that mental void.

It was not him, the one we've been working with all this time. I had always known this his flame was strange after he returned, but I pushed it away.

Now I had confirmation of my suspicions. But to tell the others... it wouldn't help our situation of mistrust and confusion.

We stood in the Castle Bridge, coming up with a plan with the Kral Zera in mind. Without a leader, the Galra had become disorganized and more prone to attack planets and civilizations on their own.

The plan with the Kral Zera was to get Lotor there so he could claim the throne before any one else could. I didn't like the idea one bit.

"I'm telling you, Branko's wanton attack was only the beginning." Lotor said, tearing me away from my thoughts. "Without an emperor, more and more high-ranking officials are going to start lashing out and consolidating their power at the Kral Zera."

"Uh, just gonna jump in here. What exactly is the Kral Zera? Is there food there? It sounds awful fancy." Hunk asked.

"It's the coronation ceremony for a new emperor or empress." Lotor said, "It is held on one of the first planets we, the Galra, conquered. Planet Feyiv, a sacred land."

"Great so you coronate your future rulers of chaos on a conquered planet? What a place to be crowned." I said, not holding back my sarcasm.

"Phoenix." Shiro said sternly. I closed off my words quickly.

"Okay, so who all will be at this Kral Zera?" Shiro asked.

"Allow me to show you." Lotor said, giving a glance at Allura for her permission to use the Castle, "May I, Princess?"

"Go ahead." Allura said.

Lotor pressed a few keys on the keypad and pulled up profile and surveillance pictures of a tall armored Galra soldier. He was covered in red armor wearing a scowl on his face and a sense of superiority in his mechanical eye.

"Warlord Ranveig is one of the fiercest Galra in the empire. That's why my father sent him to the fringes of the universe." Lotor explained, "He will already have several factions pledging their allegiance."

"Warlord, huh?" Lance said, "I guess you don't get that title by being nice."

I stared at the picture for a little longer before a memory came to mind. I smirked at the thought of the things I did to his shipments. I was so impressed with myself that I stared smiling and chuckling under my breath.

"Solaris, what is so funny?" Coran asked.

I stopped chuckling for a moment to answer, "Sorry, I just remembered a few things about this guy."

"You know Warlord Ranveig?" Lotor asked.

I scoffed at the question, "'Know' is not exactly the word I would use. I stole some info under his nose. No big deal."

Everyone was shocked and stared at me with wide eyes, but they shook ir off and Lotor continued his list.

This time, he pulled up a woman, "Commander Gnov was one of Zarkon's most trusted advisors. She will be unifying Zarkon's inner circle of commanders. They know what they'll be getting with her. She's not as reckless as Warlord Ranveig, but she's just as cruel."