Black Site

A couple more weeks passed since Keith had left and the Paladins and I had our big argument.

Pidge had gotten leads on her brother, Matt, and went to go find him days ago. I was willing to go with her, but she smiled and said that this was her mission.

I smiled back, hugged her and respected her decision, wishing her good luck on her mission.

Also with time, the others had apologized for their actions during our fight. I accepted them, all of except for Shiro.

I talked and conversed with everyone except for Shiro, since he was the one who hit me. I deliberately avoided him, not only to not see him, but keep thinking about the fight.

Sure, I was willing to fight for the greater good of the universe, but then I realized that I had other promises to keep. Such as my promise to return to Earth and be with my family.

That's when I realized that I couldn't risk my life like that. On the other hand, in order to return home and be with my family, I had to fight and risk being in danger.

I made a vow when I realized this that I would fight as hard as I could, while still being cautious.

However, even though I had accepted all of this, I couldn't help but feel something from Shiro as he tried to talk to me.

It wasn't just the sense of betrayal, but something was twisting around in his flame. It made me slightly shiver whenever he was around.

For now, until I figure it out, I can't tell the others anything about this matter. I didn't want them to worry like I am.

We were standing on Olkarion, the sun setting along the horizon as the refugee camps grew larger and larger by the day.

I stood by Lance and Hunk in my normal attire as Coran was trampled by other refugees entering the camps.

"Just right in there. They'll get you sorted out." Coran said weakly as he gestured to another part of the camp.

"Is that the last of them, Coran?" Allura asked.

"That's it. A few hundred more souls looking for a new home." Coran said.

"A few hundred more soldiers in the fight against the Galra." Shiro added.

I smiled as I looked out at the gathering refugees. Aliens of different species working together to help free the universe from the Galra. It was amazing in my eyes.

Suddenly, I felt three familiar flames approach Olkarion. I smiled when I heard the soft roars in my ear.

"They're back." I said, confusing everyone who heard me. Just then, their confusion was answered by Gaia's loud roars echoing through the sky.

We looked up and saw the Green Liom flying towards the Castle.

"Hey, Pidge is back." Hunk said. We ram as fast as we could to the Green Lion, even the mice were excited to see Pidge again.

Gaia lowered her head and opened her mouth to let Pidge out. Pidge came out smiling with another person following close behind her.

She bent down and picked up the excitedly squeaking mice.

"Hey, everybody." She said as she chuckled with excitement. She stood back up and gestured to the boy behind her.

"This is my brother Matt." She introduced.

"Hey, everybody." Matt greeted. I'm sure he didn't recognize me, but how could he? I did keep my face hidden the entire time we were together.

He had changed a lot during the year he was gone. His hair was no longer a puffy, but rather laying straight down. He was dressed in brown cloth and robes, and he also had a scar on his left cheek.