Launch Date

It had been a couple of weeks since the battle for Earth ended, and I noticed many things change and come to light.

For one, Lance had been acting a lot more nervous around Allura. It could tell from his flame that everytime he got near Allura, his nerves would rise. I smiled when I also felt live coming from his flame. To be honoest, they would be a good match for each other.

Another thing, from the ruins of the mech we fought, there was an Altean woman inside. I presumed her to be the pilot. Allura, Romelle and Coran were all shocked to see that this Altean woman piloted the mech and was set out to destroy us. Something in her flame didn't feel right, but I didn't understand what it was.

Also, I noticed that everyone, including myself, had grown closer to their families. I spent almost every moment I could with my mom and brothers. Although, my brothers were a little more stuck to me, they wanted to be my side all the time, but when they had to leave my side, they completely understood.

I told my family all about my trips and missions around the universe with Voltron and on my own after dad died. Mom was sad after hearing about how dad died and what he asked of me after he passed, but she understood and said, "That sound like your father".

Lastly, I felt a change between me and Keith. Everytime we were close, our flames just jumped with emotion. I knew it was love for me, but Leith was so hard to figure out. And the times that we kissed... I still couldn't wrap my mind around it. We kissed.... It was just so foreign to me. What would happen between us? Would we grow closer, or drift apart? The suspense was driving me mad!

Today, was our final day on Earth. Tomorrow we launched into space to continue the fight against the remaining Galra forces floating around the universe. And there was another part of this day that was special to my family.

Right now, I walked around the Garrison, my head filled with thoughts when I heard my brothers rushing to my side.

"Solaris!" Kai shouted as he and his twin stopped in front of me out of breath.

"You'd better hurry, the final briefing is about to start." Ray said.

"Oh, man, right. Sorry, I lost track of time." I said, then we proceeded to run towards the briefing room, right on time.

My brothers stood behind me with the MFE pilots and I sat next to Keith. Everyone seemed to be on edge, but they all seemed to be slightly relieved as well. However, Lance seemed nervous, so did Keith.

"Everyone, welcome to our final briefing here on Earth." Shiro started the meeting, "It's been several months since we began to rebuild, and tomorrow we launch and continue our liberation efforts across all planets still under Galra rule. Commander Holt, what's the latest from your team?"

"We've confirmed that there's still no Galra activity within several galaxies of the Milky Way. It appears that Earth was Sendak's only target." Sam informed.

"Where are we with Earth'a defenses?"

"I've finished my check-in with all the Garrison facilities around the globe. All defenses are up and running." Keith said, "Earth has everything in place to keep itself safe."

"Great. And Atlas preparations?"

"Repairs to the IGF-Atlas were completed early last week and it has since passed every test protocol we'veput it through." Veronica said.

"Good. Any updates on the Altean pilot?"

"Still unresponsive." Allura said, "But she could wake any day now. Perhaps if we had a little more time, we could find out who sent her."