The Prisoner's Dilemma

Days passed since our initial flight into space and we were already working hard to free the universe from the remaining Galra forces.

With us Paladins in our Lions, we flew towards a base on an old moon.

"This is the Voltron Coalition." Keith said to the Commander of the prison, "Lay down your arms and--"

"Open fire!" The commander shouted and immediately the cannons fired at us and the Atlas.

"Well, that didn't take long!" Lance said as we took on battle formations and the Atlas raised its particle barrier.

"Fighters launching! Six o'clock low!" Hunk informed us.

"Remember, shoot them down is needed, but try to avoid collateral damage in the ground." Keith reminded us and we all went into battle.

The Atlas suddenly shot at the base and I smiled when I saw the rebel ships fly into take out the ground troops. I flew Agnimitra down towards the enemy cannons and fired my lasers at the bases.

"Paladins, let's take out their reinforcements." Keith said.

Allura flew Aquamos to the ship entryways and froze them closed. Pidge quickly landed a hard blow with her vines at a few of the fighters flying around the outside.

Lance and Keith worked together slicing and blowing the base's main points while Hunk and I bashed our Lions into the sides of the base to further inflict heavy damage.

As I flew around, I felt Matt's flame along with his other teammates touch the ground.

"Guys, Matt and his team touched ground, we should expect those pulse emitters any second now." I said. Almost immediately after I said that, the pulse emitters did their job and knocked out all power to the base.

Suddenly, heavy fire came upon the Altas and the lasers hit ruthlessly.

"Does anyone have eyes on where these lasers are coming from?" Shiro asked.

"I'm not seeing anything in my scanners." Pidge answered, "Trying to locate point of origin now."

"I'm gonna go up and see what I can find on the origin myself. Ray, Kai, keep me updated on the ground situation." I said.

"Got it, Solairs." My brothers said and I flew up past the clouds. I flew above the clouds and hovered there for a moment, sending some kind of flame off from their power.

"There's something up here, everyone." I said.

Just then, there was a sonic pulse and Aquamos's flame was spread through the air.

"Solaris is correct. I've got visual on two cloaked cannon satellites." Allura said.

"How did we miss those?" Hunk asked.

"It looks like we wormhole right past them." Pidge explained.

"Paladins, on me. Form Voltron!" Keith ordered. I quickly flew back down to my team and we formed Voltron. I pushed my flames into my Lion and let her wings spread wide as we flew up towards the cloaked cannons.

Lance and Keith activated the wings and we flew faster, leaving a sonic boom in our wake. We summoned our twin swords and sliced the cannons faster than anyone could expect.

"Great job making quick work of the satellites, Paladins. We'vesuccessfully gained control of the base." Shiro praised us.