The Way Forward

"Is our sister really alive? How was she the last time you say her?" An energetic excited voice asked.

The scene around me changed slowly, showing me a scene from Earth. Two identical boys were sitting from of Sam Holt. The boy farthest from me was in tears, wearing a red and black hoodie. The other boy was wearing a white shirt with a purple jacket, as tears were already flowing from his eyes and dripping from his chin.

Sam smiled at their reactions, thinking that they were overjoyed by the news that I was alive.

"Yes, boys. I met her when she, my son and daughter rescued me from the Galra. She's powerful, strong, brave and had amazing skills."

"But, if what you say is true, then why has she not come back? Do you know when she's coming home?" The boy in purple asked.

"It was dangerous for her to return when she first escaped." Sam explained, "Your sister thought that since she and your father were targets of the Galra, they would follow her to Earth. They follow her to you. She thought of nothing else than the safety of her family."

"So, do you know when she's coming home?" The boy in red asked.

Sam shook his head, "I don't know, but we need to keep Earth safe for when the Galra come. War is coming, and we need to prepare. Will you boys be willing to help in the creation of Earth's defense from the Galra?"

The boys looked at each other, then nodded and stood up with determination in their eyes.

"Of course, Commander Holt." The boy in red said.

"Our sister has protected us and Earth for over a decade. It's our turn to pick up some of the stress on her shoulders." The boy in purple said.

Sam stood up and shook their hands, then the boys turned to a framed picutre on their combined desks. It was a picutre of our entire family on my sixth birthday.

"Don't worry, sis, we'll keep Earth safe until you came come back." The boy in red said, turning to his brother, "Ready to defend the world, Ray?"

The other boy, Ray, nodded, "Of course, Kai."

I groaned as my vision returned to normal and the faces of my friends became clear. I felt something soft yet hard underneath my head, as I slowly sat up, my head felt heavy and I saw that my head was rested on Keith's lap.

I swear that my cheeks were dusted pink as they burned hot.

"Phoenix, you okay?" Keith asked. I nodded

"Guys, what happened?" I asked as I sat up, finally noticing that my wrists were cuffed in front if me.

"We were crushed by a gravity ray and knocked out cold. The next thing we knew, we were in here, cuffed and locked in." Allura answered.

I lifted my head and looked around at our confined space. From the dark atmosphere I could tell we were in a Galra cruiser holding area, otherwise known as the hold. I fanned out my powers and sensed the Lions, and Coran inside Konrad.

"The Lions are nearby, weakened from the gravity beam, but still operational nonetheless." I said. Just then, I noticed that my beck felt lighter. I looked down and saw that my pendant was gone. I was infuriated.

"They took my pendant!" I shouted, "They are so going down."

Lance slid along the walls.

"What are you doing?" Hunk asked.