Postmortem

Zarkon was no more. His reign had ended, wuth that end came a new beginning for the coalition.

After rescuing Matt and Pidgr's father, Sam Holt, we went back to Olkarion to regroup and check out the progress of the planet.

Sicne the beginning of the Voltron Coalition, Olkarion had become a refugee hub in the quadrant. Although it made them a major target for the Galra to hit, they still built and took in refugees.

I stood with the Holts and Ryner in the central tower of Olakrion, watching the Olkari build and expand.

"Part of me misses my people's exile in the forest." Ryner said, "But since Olkarion became the hub for refugees in this quadrant, it made sense that we should return to the city and transform it into the Coalition's capital."

Sam Holt was amazed by the technological advances the Olkari had created, pressin his face against the glass window of the tower.

"So much has changed so fast." He said.

"For the better." Pidge said happily.

"Yeah, well, Zarkon may be dead, but the ear's not over yet." Matt added.

"I suppose that's correct, Matt, but look on the bright side, we've gained more Coaltion members who are ready to fight for the freedom of the universe. Voltron will win." I said, lightening up the mood.

"That is why the Olkari are grateful Voltron is here until our drfense systems are fully operational." Ryner said, frowning, "I fear tumultuous times are upon us."

I sighed and looked out at the working Olkari, the memory of Zarkon's defeat and death weighing in my mind still.

It was the end for him, but what was next for the beginning?

"Solaris?" I heard Sam ask. I looked up and saw him, Ryner and his kids looking at me worryingly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You look deep in thought. Is something wrong?" Pidge asked.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing just thinking about Zarkon's flame. It was surpising to see it go out."

"You know," Pidge said, "you never really told us about what the flames of others feel like, much less how it feels to see one go out."

It's true. I never told the others about the feelings I felt from others' flames. I sighed and looked dowm at my hand, creating a flame. My flame.

"Well, I guess, depending on the flame, it always feels warm and comforting. The flame in my hand is what my flame looks like." I said.

The Holts gathered around me and stared at my bright red flame.

"It's so warm." Pidge smiled.

"My father had a similar flame to mine, although not as powerful." I said.

"So, with a live flame, you can always feel something, but, what happens when a flame is put out?" Sam asked.

I made my flame disappear and sighed, holding myself at the memory of the cold flame.

"When someone dies, I can usually feso the flame go out slowly. It doesn't feel too bad when it happens slowly. However, with Zarkon, the dark flame I felt from him was snuffed out so quickly, that it was painful."

Everyone stared at me, surprise evident in their eyes.

"Wow, that's gotta be tough. To literally feel life be snuffed out, I could never imagine how that would feel." Pidge said.