A Little Adventure

"Phoenix, wait up! I can't run as fast as you!" A young boy called out, panting heavily as he tried to catch up with me.

I smiled and turned around slightly to see the boy I was being chased by. He was only a couple of inches taller than me and had raven black hair, his eyes a strange purple-gray that always had a happy glint to it.

"Am I too fast, or are you too slow, Keith?!" I shouted back, stopping for a moment to let him catch up. As soon as he caught up with me, he leaned forward, hands on his knees and took deep breaths.

"How... how can you run that fast?" He asked panting for breath.

I chuckled and patted his head playfully.

"Like I said, you're just too slow." I said beginning to run again, but I was quickly caught by a wavering hand.

I gasped when I was pulled to the ground and resting on top of Keith's stomach. I looked up and saw Keith's smiling face, trying to keep down his laughter and failing miserably.

"I caught you!" He said, releasing his laughter. I was confused at first, but when I saw his flame, I laughed along with him.

His eyes and his flame emitted a sense of immeasurable joy and happiness. And that somehow made me happy as well.
~~~~

-----Keith POV----

The Lions of Voltron were standing on an abandoned planet in some part of an asteroid belt. We sat in the Black Lion staring at our unconscious friends.

Shiro and Phoenix.

Shiro had his consciousness taken from the Black Lion and put inside his clone. Phoenix had helped, too, by taking his flame from the Black Lion and putting it inside of him as well.

And with the large wound on her side being reopened and her using her flames to the point of exhaustion, she was in critical condition like Shiro.

Everyone was silent. I sat next to Shiro and Phoenix in their pods, worried to death about their well being. I was scared that neither of them would wake up.

"Are-- are they gonna be okay?" Hunk asked.

Allura sighed, "Only time will tell if this body will accept Shiro's consciousness."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Lance asked.

"I've tried contacting the Voltron Coalition, but I can't get through to anyone. It doesn't make sense." Pidge said confused, "There might be some distortion in not picking up on. Maybe we need to get into the upper atmosphere for a better signal?"

"The lions aren't going anywhere without recharging their power cores." Hunk pointed out.

"The battle with Lotor severely depleted them." Allura said, "If we had the Castle of Lions we could recharge them, but..."

We all looked down in sadness as we remembered our lost home.

"Is there another way to recharge them?" Pidge asked.

"They can recharge naturally given enough time and ambient energy, but that might take phoebs." Coran said.

"There's gotta be something we can do." I said almost desperately.