All Good Things

I felt agonizing pain in my side. The nightmare that plagued me for weeks had finally come to pass. I felt the blade pull out of me, letting me fall and gasp at the sudden relief of the more intense pain.

I fell towards the floor, but two warm arms caught me in a tight embrace before I could touch it. It felt like I was burning from the side, and yet, it was comfortable. My eyes were scrunched up in discomfort as the pain numbed.

"Phoenix! Oh, god, no! Phoenix, stay with me! Please, stay with me." I heard someone beg, while warm droplets landed on my face. I opened my eyes and saw Keith hovering over me, his eyes filled with tears as they dropped down his cheeks and onto my face, he was looking at his hand which was covered in my own blood.

Shiro stood close by with wide eyes, his blade stained crimson.

"I'm...... sorry..." I breathed out, "You'll have to stop Shiro.... on your own."

Keith tried to smile, but it was broken, "Don't worry, I'll get Shiro back, then when all of this is over, I'll get you to a pod immediately. You'll be okay. Just... stay awake for a little while longer."

I smiled and chuckled weakly, placing my hand over my injured side in an attempt to stop some of the intense bleeding. Keith lay me down gently on the floor, then stood up and faced Shiro.

~~~~Keith POV ~~~~

It was awful. Phoenix rushed up in front of me and took the hit meant for me. I screamed out her name in terror. I was terrified when the blade came down and struck her.

Shiro looked shocked, pulling out the blade and letting her fall backwards towards me. I stretched out my arms and caught her before she touched the floor.

"Phoenix! Oh, god, Phoenix, stay with me! Please, stay with me!" I cried, tears filling my eyes and dropping on Phoenix's face. I lifted my hand from her side and saw nothing but blood on my hand.

Her eyes jumped a little as she woke up, I looked back down and saw her eyes open, but when I saw her, she didn't seem to have a look of pain, instead she was smiling.

"I'm..... sorry..." she said, "You'll have to stop Shiro... on your own." Her voice was weak and fragile.

I tried to smile, but all I wanted to do was to cry even more.

"Don't worry, I'll get Shiro back, then when all of this is over, I'll get you to a pod immediately. You'll be okay. Just... stay awake for a little while longer, okay?"

She smiled weakly and chuckled softly, lifting her hand and placed it over her injured side. I set her down gently and stood up to face Shiro. He looked surprised before, but he didn't show any sign of worry for Phoenix. All he had was a cold scowl.

"How could you stand there after what you did?" I growled, glaring at him.

"If she would've stayed away from you, she wouldn't have been hurt so badly. But dont worry, you'll join her soon." Shiro said, lifting his sword and charging at me.

I acted quickly, jumping away and grabbing my blade from the floor and blocking the attack. I was pushed to the floor, struggling to keep Shiro's weapon away from.

I looked up at Shiro with pleading eyes, the light from his blade blinding me slightly from his evil scowl.

"Shiro, please." I begged, "You're my brother. I love you. Please, stop this so we can save Phoenix. I don't want to lose another person I love."

Shiro's eyes went wide before narrowing again in anger, "Just let go, Keith." He growled, "You don't have to fight anymore. Phoenix is gonna be gone soon, and by now, the team's already gone, too. I saw to it myself."