A New Defender

Our mission on Naxzela was going smoothly as it could be, and one-third of Galra territory was slowly being taken back by the coalition.

"It appears that all of the planets we've engaged have been pacified, if not totally liberated." Coran said to us through the comms.

I smiled at the good news. The feeling helping of hundreds of thousands of people be freed from the Galra's clutches was amazing.

Suddenly, my screens picked up something on a trail towards Naxzela.

"Guys, we might have a problem." I said, my chair spinning around to better see the location.

"What's the matter, Phoenix?" Shiro asked.

"There seems to be a battle cruiser approaching us." I said.

"What should we do?" Lance asked.

"First we need to contact the Zaiforge cannons." Shiro said calmly, "Matt, what's you status on your cannon?"

"Power is down. Zaiforge cannon Senfama, are you still operational?"

"Negative." Keith responded.

"That incoming battle cruiser must have shut thrm down remotely." Coran said.

"Sorry, Shiro. That's it for artillery support. What should we do about that cruiser?"

Voltron jumped into the air, smashing ourselves into a large Galra structure.

"That cruiser's gonna be too late. Naxzela's almost secure." Shiro replied, "We just need to take out the last of the heavy artillery."

I looked around and saw a ship preparing to fire towards our left.

"On our left, everyone!" I shouted.

"Shield up!" Shiro shouted, in an instant our shield was up.

A new power indicator appeared on my screen for the shield. The shot fired at us and we all grunted at the strain. I pushed some of my flames into the shield and Gaia, making both of then stronger.

We pushed back the blast and as a result, ghe ship was blown to pieces when the blast hit it full force.

We flew through the fiery blaze and activated the Bouloren's shoulder cannon. The blast cane iut large, but quickly split into several shot hitting just as many Galra weak points and structures.

Voltron stood tall and strong as we watched the Galra forces erupt in flames. I could sense all the Galra flames shake and flicker in fear of being hit by Voltron's mighty blasts.

But as our victory was coming closer and closer, i couldn't shake the feeling of cold rushing down my spine. Something was going to happen, and for the first time in a long time.... I was afraid to see the flame that caused this overwhelming cold.

Voltron swerved to the left, swinging his sword back and forth hitting all small Galra fighters, when all of a sudden, an all too familiar flame approached Naxzela.

I was frozen. This flame was warped, and a color that I didn't know. But what i did know was that it was evil enough to create a hundred Zarkons.

Then, that cold feeling returned ten-fold, only this time, it was sinking into Naxzela.

We landed and at the same time,the ground began to shake.

"Whoa! Did we cause that earthquake?" Lance asked at the feel of the shaking ground.

"I don't think so!" Pidge shouted back.

The ground rumbled under our feet, rocks and buildings shook from the pressure as our alarms blared in our ears.