Chapter 13 - Hogsmeade

Things between Draco and me where running friendlier but not too friendly to forget how much I loved looking in his eyes. Soon, however, the rumour that the Slytherin rich boy was hanging out with some muggleborn spread throughout the school like wildfire.

Apparently, people weren't that blind; they understood there was something going on between the books in the library. It was then when the cold stab of hate stuck us both. There were whispers and stares all around the castle and even some nasty comments.

"Off to the library again, little mudblood?" This was Pansy's most usual serenade.

Draco confessed that there were some comments from his fellow Slytherins as well so I advised that we took a step back until things could cool off.

Winter was near. It was one of those days that it's one inch away from snowing.

Thought I was enjoying visiting the little village I had to be cautious and look around me every now and then in case that Draco was somewhere watching me. "Don't you want to go to see the Shrieking Shack? We can't always sit in here... Don't worry... I think I saw him at Zonko's," said Luna while we were shopping at the Sweetshop.

"Who are you talking about?" I played the fool.

"Draco. You should probably know; he is not too cautious..." Bright Luna, she always knew what I was thinking. It is very hard for someone to lie to her and not get caught.

"I just don't want him to find me. Pansy tripped me again on our way here," I answered looking around me. "Every time he so much as talks to me, everyone goes wild."

"I would swear she is a little bit jealous..." she said with a whiz.

"You don't say..."

Luna and I walked along the forest till we saw the black, wooden house, the Shrieking Shack.

"Isn't it... beautiful?" I said slightly disgusted.

"It's the most haunted house in Britain. Did you know?"

"No, but now that I know it, I feel much more comfortable. Thank you for bringing me here, Luna!"

"Oh, stop it, don't act like a Slytherin... Want to go closer?"

"You crazy?"

"Just asking," we started laughing when I felt something cold and wet on my nose. It was snowing!

"Look!" We were both amazed. We were not waiting for it to snow. We knew it was cold but it was only 20th of November. "It's November already... Time flies when you're having a good time."

"I was wondering where are you going for Christmas."

"I don't have anywhere to go," I answered.

"Yeah, that's why I was thinking about staying here with you."

"Oh, you don't have to. I'll be..."

"Well, well, well! What do we have here? The mudblood and the crazy girl without Potter on their side to protect them. That's something you don't see every day." Crabbe's hideous voice interrupted me. I was afraid that Draco would be with them but I was amazed when I turned to see that he wasn't.

"Well, well, well! What do we have here? Crabbe and Goyle without their boss, Draco, on their side... That is something you don't see every day." I couldn't hold myself from being rude.

"The mudblood has a tongue. I didn't know you could speak!" The truth was that I was amazed by what I just said myself.

"Well, I'm a bit surprised myself! I see you can speak, too. Weird. I thought you needed a brain to speak. You two are monsters of nature since you don't even know what brain means."