Chapter 22 - Triwizard Tournament

The sorting ceremony had just ended but we wouldn't start the feast yet. Albus was going to announce some things first and most of us were wondering why there was one more empty table at the end of each house table.

And while I was trying to make these insignificant things seem important so I could destruct myself, the feeling of guilt hadn't faint yet. Now that no Ravenclaw didn't dare to sit by me, I only had Luna for some kind of company. I looked at Draco and tried to smile when I found out that he was looking back. He seemed sad himself. I guess his friends had heard about me as well and now there was only Blaise Zabini by his side.

"Everybody hates me..." I whispered to Luna.

"Nobody would hate you," said the girl who was sitting by me. "They're just nervous when you're around." She was rather short for our age but had luscious, sleek, black hair. 

"Why would they?"

"Not every Ravenclaw girl attracts someone like Draco. They think that there is something different about you that they can't actually explain. I, on the other hand, don't have a problem with you." It was kind of a relief that she said that but still felt a bit off that everyone suddenly seemed to know that there was some flirt going back and forth between Draco and me. "My name is Cho."

"Anne." We shook hands.

"I know. Everyone knows you now that your godfather's story has spread out. Have you got any idea of what is going on? We should be eating by now," she said looking at the big teacher's table by the end of the Great Hall.

"I have no idea," I said but then saw Albus walking to the middle of the Hall.

"Now that we are all settled and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle won't be your house this year, but a home for some very special guest as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..." his loud and deep voice stopped when Mr Filtch entered the Hall running and whispered something in his ear. "So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament. For those that don't know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contest. From each school, one student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, this contests are not for the fainthearted. But more of that later. But now please join me welcoming the students of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and the headmistress, Mme Maxime."

The heavy door opened and the first thing we saw were 5 dozens of beautiful ladies entering the Hall dancing. Behind them, we could see the boys, less in numbers but nice looking as well. It seemed that every boy in the room had melted into nothing and that all the girls were fuming with rage. I gave Draco a glance, just to satisfy my curiosity of how susceptible he might be in the sight of model-like women. He was casually glancing back at me. Satisfied that the beautiful veelas didn't even catch his attention as much as the other boys', I turned back to look at Albus.

"And now, our friends from the north, please greet proud Durmstrang Institute and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff."

The Durmstrang students entered. I must confess, I was mesmerized by their strong and fit arms but they were nothing for me against Draco. 

However, I happened to have been sitting at the far end of the table, just opposite of the newly-sorted Ravenclaws. When an older Durmstrang with a savage jawline sat beside me, Draco's eyes shot daggers.

Albus went on with the announcements as the three schools merged together into a feast. Yet this blue flame of the Goblet of Fire that Albus revealed seemed to be looking at my direction, staring at my soul. My hands started shaking and my feet turned to ice. The food in my mouth was turning to ash - the signs of premonition, a vision coming.