Chapter 70 - Tireless

I reached for his hand and turned it around to examine again this tattoo. I had hoped that it was only a dream and that I would wake up beside him and he wouldn't have it. That his forearm would be clear and flawless and pale as always. I thought that I would wake and it would be as complicated as it was yesterday. But no. This scar was still there.

"So, I guess you forgive me?" I asked.

"I do. But I'm still going to break Potter's nose some day. Today for example..." he said.

I frowned because I didn't want to encourage him but then rested my head on his chest and smiled when I saw his bright eyes.

"So, I guess you forgive me?" asked Draco. I looked at him, stroking his naked chest as he held me in his arms.

"For what?"

"For doing what I've done. For hitting Potter. For destroying your life. For becoming a Death Eater. For being such and asshole."

"I forgive you," I said. "But I don't forgive you for one thing," I added. "I forgive you for hitting Harry, for destroying my life, for being an asshole... But this?" I said and looked at his forearm. "This? You are asking me to forgive you for this? It will take a bit longer to forgive you."

"I hope you understand why I did it. It was for the best."

"Choosing to become a Death Eater could never be for the best."

"It wasn't that much of a choice. I had to do this. My family was and still is in a very difficult situation. That might actually give us some time before the end."

"The end?" I said but it took him a bit longer to answer back.

"He is about to kill us all, Anne. My father, my mother, me. But what's worse, he would hurt you. It's better sacrificing myself than anyone else. I'm going to tell you something and I wish you remember it at all times. In this life, nothing good you do will be acknowledged. The only thing that the others are going to be in you will be the bad things you'll do. Every good thing you do is just nothing. But every bad thing can wipe away every good thing you've done. But believe me, some things are not done to be acknowledged."

"Why are you saying all these things?" I said and my eyes got darker. He looked away. "Draco?" my voice was full of suspicion. He still didn't look at me.

After a few moments that seemed like hour to me, he looked at me and smiled. He let me go away from his hug and then he came above me and kissed me.

"You said we will make it work, right baby? We always have. I mean, look at us. Nothing is okay, we make it okay. Now, why can't we just stop talking about this stuff. I just got you back. I don't want any second to be wasted."

He kissed me again, like nothing had happened. And the truth is that we didn't care about anything right in this moment. I forgot every suspicion or every thought about Voldemort. We were back together after all this time. We got ourselves back.

He swiftly leaned above me, trapping me between two strong arms and quickly got to work. He tirelessly played with me like I was a mere toy between his fingers. Draco was the man that never got tired of you, never gave you bad moments. Even his sweat was sweet and made the sheets smell of wood, smell of Draco.

"Annie," he would moan with with a deep breath. "Annie..."

I always thought this to be something that would somehow never come. Maybe it was because we knew each other since we were children. Yet now, everything seemed natural. Things that I considered myself too innocent for were now jumping out of me involuntarily. I felt myself maturing with every thrust and so I spread my legs wider to make his way inside of me easier and quivered.