Chapter 37 - Narcissa

And I did sleep on it. For three days. Mostly straight but with small random breaks during which I didn't talk to anyone.

So, three days after my life was ruined, I opened my eyes to see Draco watching me, sitting on a chair with his tired eyes more tired than ever. It was morning but the sun was not bright. It was another rainy day in Malfoy Manor.

"How do you feel?"

"Fine," I muttered.

"It's morning... again," Draco was already dressed in his black suit, with the snake pin always pinned on his tie. The light that entered the room was greenish and so was everything about him.

The sky had worn a grey cloak, hiding the summer sun. Another rainy day in Scotland.

"Just give me a minute," I muttered and closed my eyes again. I remembered what had happened last night. Or was it the night before? Or the night before that? I had completely forgotten what day it was.

"Baby, you've been sleeping for three days."

"Three days? And don't call me that."

"Yeah, whatever, mudblood..." he said, ignored my comment and sat on the bed next to me. "I mean, honestly, aren't you hungry?" he sank his fingers into my messy hair.

"I just needed to rest... And do not stroke me. As soon as I wake up I'm out of here," I said. "Just give me a few more minutes..." I closed my eyes again. "More like... hours..."

I heard the door opening and Narcissa showed up from the half-open door. "Is Annalise awake?"

"Just give us a moment, Mother," he said calmly and but didn't smile. I could tell that Narcissa was more worried than me. For the past few days she would come every 30 minutes to check if I was alright and sometimes I could overhear her discussing with Draco while they thought I was asleep. They were both very worried. They understood perfectly that everything had changed so dramatically, that they doubted I could cope. And I didn't find them overreacting... I started having doubts too. However, she gave me a sympathize look and then went out the room.

"Why does everyone call me Annalise. I mean, no one has called me with my full name for years."

"It is the name that Voldemort chose for you before you were adopted. And now he thinks that Anne is kind of a childish name."

"Perfect! Suddenly I have a new father and a new name. Oh, this week couldn't get any better."

Draco didn't answer. "I'm worried about you..." he finally said and made a long pause. "Anyway, you have to get up. Father kind of understands your absence and I don't want him to tell your father," he stopped there.

"Just let me sleep..." I begged. Draco made a settled noise from the top of his throat and then left me with my eyes closed but then he stopped again to kiss my eyes. I didn't react. I didn't even have the strength to do so.

*     *     *

I did wake up that night and noticed that Draco was sleeping beside me silently. I had been awakened by a strange noise coming from my stomach and then I remembered that I hadn't eaten probe ray for almost three days. I did not want to eat, however. I needed something else.

I climbed down the bed and after a short stop through the bathroom, I got out of the room and headed down the floors. I remembered that drink bar in the living room and that was all I seeking. There shouldn't be anyone there at this hour and to my surprise, nothing went wrong for me this far.

I made myself a drink and I chose the strongest. I sipped down two glasses of whatever drink that was in less than a minute.

"That is something I didn't quite expect when I agreed Draco bringing you here..."