Chapter 31 - Goodbyes

I saw it all in a dream that night. Everything that had happened in that graveyard. When I woke up with screams, Luna was standing above me.

"Your father again?" she said.

"For the last time, I didn't see my father," I snapped but instantly regretted because Luna was wearing an understanding smile.

Luna heard me twisting and turning on my bed until late that night. The moment I would get alf-asleep I would jump up again as if something was shaking me out of a much-longed-for sleep.

At 3 o'clock in the morning, I heard her getting dressed and leaving the dorm. I didn't want to ask her where she went. Maybe she was too tired of all the noise I was making or maybe she was sick of my attitude, as she should be. I heard her getting in the room again after half an hour, but she wasn't alone. 

I never asked how she managed to sneak Draco into the Ravenclaw Common Room but the man quietly placed my head on his shoulder and held me until I was asleep. Luna slept at the Common Room couch and let me rest.

It was the first night in months that I would get more than four hours of sleep.

*     *     *

"We have to go to the Great Hall," said Cho the very next day. Her eyes were still red, so were mine. She looked weak; I knew she had been crying all night. She was trying to hide it though.

"Are you sure you want to go? Dumbledore will understand if you won't," said Luna with a calm voice.

"No... I want to say goodbye," I saw a silent tear trickling down her face and that's when I knew I should say nothing. I remembered when I lost my parents. I didn't want anyone talking to me about it and when I was crying, I didn't need anyone's pity. I did the same with Cho.

"Will you ever be able to forgive me?" I couldn't help asking.

"There is nothing to forgive. I know that you couldn't do anything. They would have thought you were crazy, if you did," she said at once steadily. And I believed her.

"I'm so sorry," I said desperately.

"Oh, don't be sorry. I believe what Harry says. You-Know-Who must have killed him. And if You-Know-Who tries to kill you then nothing can save you. No warnings, no spells," she said.

Of course, Harry had no proof for whatever he had been saying. But I knew the truth. I knew what had happened with every detail. And I believed him. And I would never doubt a vision again in my life, nor a feeling. I promised myself I would trust me. A few silent moments passed before I headed to the nearest window and looked outside. The clouds were greyer that day and so was the day.

"Things are getting darker. I can feel it. Something's changed. Something's going to happen," I spoke with a slow and cold-calm voice.

"What would that supposed to mean?"

I didn't answer.

A few moments after promising to myself I would never deny a feeling again, I wasn't keeping it.

I did have a feeling for leaving Hogwarts and spending time with the Malfoys, I had no choice to do so now. I could change neither the fact that I told Draco about my special abilities nor the fact that these abilities would get us out of the shadows. Yet I felt something was going to happen in the Malfoy Manor and however much I wanted to find out what that was, I felt fearful, as if my life was changing slowly but then again all at once.

*     *     *

Draco held my hand tightly. It was the last goodbye to the boy who died. Although Cedric's was taken away from Hogwarts I could feel his soul wandering around the halls and corridors, eating with us at breakfast, raising his hand to answer every question in a lesson. It was a boy who would never be forgotten. Every day after his death wouldn't be the same. He was the first one to leave, smiling kindly at the people who were to follow him.