Chapter 98 - Someday

The pain of coming back had such sweetness.

I opened my eyes to what seemed the moment when I had closed them. I could still feel my chest burning, the fang was still stuck near my heart. I could feel my blood everywhere. However, I wouldn't scream yet. What I would see when I turned my hear sideways was what I wanted most in life.

Voldemort was slowly disappearing as his face and body were turning into dust. At the last moment, he would turn his eyes to me.

His eyes then moved to the sky. In a second, Voldemort had disappeared.

It was then when I realised what was truly happening to my body. It was slowly shutting down and pain would spread all over my chest. It was something that I hadn't expected when I had decided to come back.

Harry ran up to me and kneed above me. His hand touched the blood on my stomach as I was gagging for a breath.

"What did you do?" he shouted and cried. "What did you do?" he repeated and cried over my head. "HELP!" he screamed.

Some people ran out to the courtyard to see what was happening. Amongst them, there was Draco, who when he saw me lying in a poof of blood run up to me.

"Oh, no!" he screamed and ran up to us. "Oh, no! Annie!" he held me and cried. "You're okay, Annalise. You are okay! You are going to be fine," he said. "Potter, you get some help. A healer. Someone! Anyone!" he said.

Harry ran back to the castle to find someone who could help and left Draco and me alone.

"You are going to be okay, do you hear me?" he said and held my face.

"Draco..." I muttered but closed my eyes for a long moment.

"Oh, no, Annie! Don't close your eyes, Annie. Look at me. Just keep looking at me," he said. He didn't seem calm but he was making an effort.

"I want this to end. I just want us to be happy again," I said. Tears were making their way through the dried blood on my face.

"It will, Anne. And then we will leave everything and everyone and we will live together. We will make a new life and we won't ever have to worry about Voldemort again. He is gone, Anne. He is gone for good. You will never have to see him again. And we will live a quiet life and we will live it together," he said. "Now you have to stay strong for me until we fix you up."

At this point, the whole school had run outside to see where the shouts came from. However, none of them could really do anything. I looked at how sorrowful they seemed; they thought I was dying.

Wands were raised. Fists were clenched, breasts were tapped thrice.

But I knew I had come back from the dead and I wouldn't die.

A squeak was heard from the skies.

Fawkes flew near me and sat on my forearm.

"It's up to you," I told him.

His black eyes teared and the tears fell on my wounds. I felt them aching and stitching a bit before finally closing. When Fawkes was done, I couldn't feel the pain anymore. I held him in my hand and stood almost at once.

The school didn't seem to move before me. They simply placed a hand on their chest and tapped it twice. Soon Hermione raised her hand up and let the tip release some dim light. The rest of the school followed.

The leftovers of the Order ran outside. Kingsley was wearing a smile as he walked up to me. He put a hand on my shoulder and looked at me for a long moment.

"Retribution is ours. Now, let's get your Ministry," he said.

Draco and I Apparated in the Entrance Hall with Kingsley McGonagall and a few loyal wizards. What we would face there was only a handful of Death Eaters ready to defend their right on the Ministry. When they saw me, they lowered their wands. I came forward without fear.