Chapter 52 - No Middle Ground

"I must admit that I'm impressed. The rest of the Army is still working at the Disarming Charm," said Harry when we were heading to the Room of Requirement. The private lessons went on with the greatest success.

"Well, I already knew how to disarm. And it's always easier to work with only one person. I think the rest of the Army is doing great. You just give them a little time."

"No, I'm totally satisfied with their improvements. We do have trouble with finding the time for the lessons. And it's hard keeping it a secret sometimes with the Inquisitorial Squad taking over the school. But it is worth every risk."

"Don't you think that maybe they are ready to accept me in the Army, as well? It's been over a month. Maybe this will save us some risks. It will be easier without us struggling to find an hour or two to practice," I said.

"Even if the others were ready to accept you, I wouldn't let you have a lesson with them. You need to practice more than they do. You need to know things like these and I don't want you slowing down. Working especially on you, is the best thing that could have happened to us. You are finally using that talent you have inside you. You really do have it inside you."

His words didn't make me feel at ease. I automatically remembered Voldemort's words. You've taken after me... he had said.

"Won't Hermione and Ron come with us today?" we looked around for Filch and entered the room when we saw no sign of him.

"No, they stayed behind," Hermione and Ron were pretty much always coming to my lessons. Harry and I had only one or two lessons alone. And of course, I was always terrified in the thought of me and Harry being alone together. Although he was always discreet and never abrupt, I was afraid of the time we were spending together. I enjoyed it as much as he did but I was wondering if we both enjoyed it in the same way.

"Why?" I asked trying to hide my fear of something happening in this lesson.

"Because today is a very special lesson and I asked them not to come." What? I felt my heart beating louder and louder every single moment. Asked them not to come? What if something happens tonight that will ruin my friendship with Harry? We were friends. Above all we were friends. What should I do to avoid a difficult situation?

"Asked them not to?" I said half-closing my eyes suspiciously, hoping he understands that I didn't like the idea.

"I wanted us to be alone. This lesson needs complete concentration and it should help you with Voldemort so I thought you would feel much more comfortable if it was only you and me," he was speaking in a very non-friendly way. In a non-friendly tone. And that smile... Always calming me down. It was one of these rear smiles that you come across only one or two times in your whole lifetime. It makes you believe that you're not alone. I could somehow feel what he was feeling. I felt somehow connected with Harry. But in a friendly connection. I couldn't do anything but continue hoping that he wouldn't do anything.

"So today we're working on the Patronus Charm. It's a very powerful charm that could help you at any time. It creates a seal that protects you from any harm. The first thing I want you to do is to close your eyes," I did as he said but hesitated. "Now, I want you to think of the happiest moment of your life. The moment that you think when you're sad and you feel better. The moment that you can't explain," he said and I could hear him smiling.

I remembered when my parents were still alive. We had spent this awesome day in the park with my dog. I could remember every bit of it but the most precious moment was the moment when we were all laughing when Sparks ran straight into the river and splashed water all over me and my parents. We ended up in the freezing water but it was funnier than anything.