Chapter 87 - Cursed

We Disapparated and landed on cold, wet grass. Around me, the only thing that differed from the darkness was a light, thin layer of white snow. Everything was black and I couldn't see anything around me except a house. This house was darker, even darker than the Malfoy Manor. It seemed like I had seen this before - maybe in a dream or a dream in a dream. All the lights in the windows were off except one.

"Where are we?" I asked Draco who was standing beside me, not walking. His face looked stiffer now than before. But I didn't care that much because I wanted to care more about the fact that I was even looking at his face.

"This is the place we'll hide," he answered and held my hand leading me to the front door.

"Who's is it?"

"An old friend's," he answered.

"And is anyone here?" I said as he opened the black wooden door. At once, he stopped and looked at me right in the eyes.

"There's someone here that desperately wants to see you," he answered looking at me emptily.

"Shit... Who?" I said without any sign of smile on my face.

"Follow me," he said without answering my question.

As we stepped into the dark hall with the dusty black-wooden furniture and started getting up the creaking stairs, I felt his hand squeezing mine painfully.

"Ouch! Draco, you're hurting me," I said.

"Walk," he said without looking at me and going on with his way. He was walking faster than before.

I stopped for a moment to think of what my next reaction should be. I felt the stab of imminent danger approaching my chest. 

"Draco, what are you doing? Why are you holding me like this?" I asked just when we reached the top of the dark stairs.

He didn't answer and led me in front of another door. There was nothing I could hear from inside but I supposed the one that was waiting to see me was inside. Whatever was happening I was sure it was not good. And it became more terrifying thinking of who it could be in the room behind that door. Who could it be? I didn't think it was someone I wanted to see.

"Draco, what is happening?" I asked and stopped him from opening the door. "Draco! What have you done?"

However, Draco didn't look at me. "Shut it!" he muttered and knocked on the door.

"Draco!" I gasped demanding to learn the truth because now I could tell that something was definitely not right about this whole thing.

"Come in."

I knew the voice that answered from inside. At once, I opened my eyes wide with fear.

It was my father who was waiting.

"You fucking asshole!"

I knew it was time for me to resist Draco's painful dragging. I started trying to get his hands off me because, even if I didn't know why, the man I had trusted had brought me to my doom.

I started hitting him and punching him to set myself free but it was useless. My punches were mere touches to his face and body. When he realised that I wouldn't get into the room quietly, he took a knife out of his pocket and passed it around my neck. Draco kicked the door open and dragged me inside.

I saw my father, sitting in an old armchair. It was one of the only times I had seen him smiling, something that didn't make me feel better at all.

"Oh, well done, Draco! Well done!" he said and jumped up as soon as he saw me. "You found her!" he said and came near me.

"What is all this?" I demanded.