Chapter 61 - The Kiss

We landed on the Weasley House a split second later. The Order was already in, they all greeted me and sat me down on a table in less than a minute after setting foot on the ground. They all gathered around, put two hands on the table as if they were ready for some epic plan making.

"Why didn't you tell us you were going to the Hospital!"

"We knew someone was going to see you there; we could have been there to keep you away from the reporters!"

"I told you it was wrong to leave her wandering alone in London!" said Moody.

"It was Dumbledore's orders, Alastor..." said Lupin walking up and down the kitchen with a hand on his forehead. "Bet he had a reason for it anyway!"

"What do you mean by that?" I cut in even though it seemed to me, as if this was purely a conversation between the two of them.

"Anne, I'm terribly sorry that happened today. We weren't expecting everyone to discover where you were right away!" said Lupin.

"No, I mean, what reason did Albus have to leave me alone for the reporters to find me."

"He has a custom of leaving everything up to people. I bet he wanted the reporters to find you and see how it went."

"This is absurd!" I gasped.

"A rather useful lesson for you; now you know how to deal with a situation like that. Never make a statement if you are not absolutely sure of what you're going to say and what that will mean. Always be strong, never look at the cameras," said Alastor.

"Yeah, and rather impulsive when it comes to the makings of a leader!" said Lupin. "One word gotten wrong and she would be out of the game," said Lupin almost with rage.

"Well, she was wise enough not to say anything!" 

"I hope Dumbledore knew what he was gding and it wasn't just another test of his..." he muttered.

"Can you please not talk about this issue as if I'm not here?" I demanded. Everyone turned to look at me. Kingsley smiled. "Now what was this speech business you were talking about."

Kingsley sat beside me and tied his hands in front of me.

"I arranged a public speech for you. It will be in the Ministry of Magic. It was posted on the news just a few hours ago; Arthur and I were just coming to get you from your house when we heard you had been seen in the Hospital."

"What is this speech about."

"We will work on it later. What you need to know is that many wizards and witches of influence give their advice during the election week - which starts tomorrow since the Minister resigned yesterday. The basic goal is to influence the people in favor of one candidate. What you must do is not take place. You must seek their favor for yourself."

"Let me get this straight. Am I running for Minister?"

"No, no, no. You are under 21. You cannot run for Minister. What you must do is try and become the leader people will be looking up to one day. No one is becoming a Minister out of nowhere one day. Your campaign for the future elections that are coming after this war, is starting tomorrow morning. And this won't be a regular campaign. You are not just someone working for the Ministry who wants to seek power. You are the Daughter. You will be a Leader. Not just a Minister. Fudge was a Minister but was he a leader? No. Scrimgeour is probably going to be voted as a Minister but is he a leader? No. What this world needs is someone to unite, to give hope. Before you become a Minister, you will be an inspiration. An idea."

"My mother was that. I don't have it in me."

"You don't?" said Lupin a raised an eyebrow. "Did you see these people today in the Hospital? Did you see that?"