Chapter 78 - The Wedding

I couldn't imagine how a dress that I wore at my parent's funeral still fitted me perfectly. Six years ago it looked just a bit baggy and loose and it reached lower than my knees. Now it looked tight enough but also fit perfectly and could only reach my knees. But again, six years was a bit too much for someone to keep a dress.

Someone knocked on the door while I was struggling with the zipper.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"A birthday present." I heard Harry's voice.

"Oh, really? Come inside." Harry opened the door and got inside the room without waiting. He was holding a package tied up with purple stings. He put it down and helped me with the zipper.

"My birthday is in two weeks. It's your birthday we should be getting presents for," I said, trying not to think of the birthday cake I baked with Ginny and Hermione last night without anyone knowing.

"I know. However, I thought that you could wear it today," he said proving that it was clothes.

"You didn't need to spend any money."

"I didn't spend any money at all," he answered but I glanced at him with a questioning look. "Open it," he said and gave me the package. I sat down and unwrapped it carefully and then opened the pain box. Inside there was a dress in the exact colour that I loved. It was made out of dark blue silk metrical, with plain lace on the shoulders.

"Oh, my God, Harry! This is amazing," I gasped.

"It was your mother's," he said. I stared. I was very emotionally pressed that day and the word mother could easily make me cry.

"Where did you get it?" I asked.

"I... Lupin had this box filled with Sophialine's things and I thought that this one would suit you. So he gave it to me so I could give it to you. I thought you'd like it," he said.

"I love it, Harry. Thank you so much. But I can't wear it today." I looked down.

"Why not? I think it's time for you to take the black off. It's been nearly three months since Albus died. He wouldn't like seeing you wearing black after all this time," he said.

Black was my new colour. Blue was a child's colour. Black suited me. Black suited the emerald ring I was planning on wearing, the Malfoys' ring.

"I know. You're right. But I just don't feel like wearing something else."

"Remember what Dumbledore said in his will? Even though he died, he never left you. You should know that."

"Harry, I can..."

Harry thought about it for a moment. "I assume you haven't got me a birthday present since you weren't allowed to go outside, have you?" he said.

"I thought about it the last time I went to the Diagon Alley, so I actually have got you a present," I answered.

"Oh, God, why do you have to be so clever? I was hoping you didn't!" he gasped.

"Why not?"

"I don't want that present, throw it away. The present I want is seeing you wearing something else than black. That's all I want. Will you do me this birthday present?" he begged. This was so ridiculously and hopelessly romantic. And right in this moment it was the last thing I wanted to think about. But Harry was so good with me and he always cared to much. He made me feel so special and I didn't want to make him sad.

Now looking back, I know how lost I was, how easy it was for something sugared to be the only thing nice in my day. I was lying to him and to myself.