Chapter 44 - Revealed

It was the very next morning when madness struck and everything went wrong. As if I didn't have enough to think about and just like Umbridge had warned me, news traveled fast.

I did have a feeling that day. Like I shouldn't get up. However, it was time for breakfast. I picked up some courage and pulled my jeans on. I looked around me before I left to realise that there was no one inside the dorm. I went down the stairs but no one was neither in the Common Room nor in the corridors. I supposed they were down at the Great Hall, but there was still something odd with this image.

As soon as I reached the Entrance Hall I heard the students' voice from inside. They never did that much noise. I stepped forward to look at all the students, either sitting or standing, reading a Daily Prophet and discussing at the same time. They all seemed very worried and angry, too. It seemed like something had happened, someone wrote something to the Daily Prophet that made them worried. Maybe a massif breakout from Azkaban, maybe a Minister died. I got into the Great Hall and planned on asking someone what was happening but by the time I stepped in, the whole Hall turned to look at me.

No, please, don't let it be true!

"Take out your wand!" screamed a Hufflepuff seventh-year pointing me with his wand. "TAKE OUT YOUR WAND!"

"What?" I stared.

"I said, pull out your wand! It's time to take revenge for my parents! He takes my parents and I take his daughter."

"What are you talking about?" I knew exactly what had happened but I still played the fool. Now that I can look back at it I realise my reaction was the only one I could have had. But I did know what was wrong. Someone had let the Daily Prophet know about Voldemort and me.

I turned to ran away but then I felt a cold stag crossing my heart.

"Let's duel! Right now! Stupify!" said the seventh-year pointing me. I found myself on the ground and couldn't move. I needed a moment to get up again.

"Rectusempra!" said the seventh-year. I felt my body spinning around in the air before landing on my back. I stood up again to reach for my wand and try to fight back.

"Expeliamrus!" I screamed to see his wand lifted into the air before it landed a few feet away. The whole Hall was now staring at me with hate. Their enormous eyes were all looked at me like I was the only thing that deserved to die. I knew I shouldn't have fought back but it was the last thing I could do to protect myself.

I turned around and ran as fast as I could. The corridors were filled with students now. Students looked at me with the same disgust as soon as they saw me. Most of them didn't talk but many would swear. One of them even spit on me. I decided to go to the Astronomy Tower, where I hoped I could find a moment alone and think about what my next move would be. In tears, I realised Draco waiting for me there, holding a Daily Prophet.

"The papers know!" he said as soon as he saw me running through the corner. "Look at that," he said giving me the newspaper. I was on the front page. A photo of mine was moving shortly followed by a headline and a huge article.

 A photo of mine was  moving shortly followed by a headline and a huge article