Chapter 84 - Reunion

The Phoenix led me to a place I had never seen before. I could see mountains all around me but I was lying on rocky ground. When I looked around me, Fawkes wasn't there; he was flying above me. In seconds, he was out of sight. I looked around. A few meters away there was a tent. The materiel had the same color as the tent Hermione had packed. I had found them. Hermione jumped outside her wand in hand. She must have heard me Apparating.

"Harry! Come quickly! Harry!" she shouted as she was running towards me. She kneed and helped me get up.

"Hermione, are you all right?" he said as he came outside but when he saw me, he froze. "ANNE?" he shouted. He needed only a few moments to come up to me with such speed that I almost fell down again. He had trapped me between two strong arms and he had done that so quickly that I didn't even have the time to spread my arms as well. I was struggling to even move as he raised me up for another squeeze.

I let myself go in the moments of bliss that luck had allowed me. For the longest time, I thought we would never meet again, that one of us would... maybe wouldn't survive. In this life, I had learned more than anything that you have to hold on to these moments as tightly as you can. You never knew if they would only be memories one day, sure that they would never repeat themselves for you. I had learned this far too quickly and for too harshly when I'd lost Draco. So I reminded myself to get emotional and sob.

"We thought you were dead! We heard you on the radio. We thought the Death Eaters killed you! What the hell were you thinking? Didn't I tell you to stay out of trouble? What were you thinking Anne? Don't ever do that again, okay? Don't you ever scare me like this again!" he said, half-mad, half-shocked, half-excited and with all of his feelings turning into a glimmer on his eyes.

"I'm sorry! It was the least I could do to help," I said looking into his eyes.

"Putting your life in danger doesn't help! Promise you will not leave my side again, Anne."

"Wait, are you mad because I spoke on the radio or because I left you and returned to Hogwarts?" I asked.

"I'm mad because everything you do is reckless! Whoever didn't put you in Gryffindor is insane. There is not one thing you've done that didn't put you in danger!" he shouted.

"Look who's talking!" I said and laughed.

He looked at my smile unsatisfied, with his eyes shining with happiness. Then he put his hands around my neck and kissed me. A tear trickled down his cheek and then touched mine as Harry was leaning forward. Feeling collided, thoughts disappeared. I kissed back and didn't care much what it meant. 

"Hm... Can we please get her inside? We'll have time to talk about it later..." said Hermione, probably feeling awkward watching Harry kissing me.

They led me inside the tent where it was a lot warmer. They sat me down on a bed and started telling me all about what had happened since I left them, about them about finding the Horcrux at the Ministry of Magic, about trying to destroy it without any success and being at a loss as to what came next.

But I looked around me and realised that something was missing.

"By the way, where is Ron?"

They both lowered their heads. I noticed Hermione's eyes getting red and shiny. She was ready to cry. Then she jumped up and walked outside the tent without a word.

"Did I say anything?" I asked. Harry looked sad to which made me feel scared about Ron's fate. "Wait. Harry, is Ron..." I asked.

"Ron is not dead, Anne. He's gone," he confessed.

"Gone? Gone where?" I asked.

"He left us. I don't know what happened to him... We had a fight and afterwards he decided to leave us. He Disapparated and we don't know where he is. That happened three days ago," he said. I must admit I didn't expect something like that from Ron. Leaving his best friends, leaving Hermione... It was just too much even for him. They were together since day one.