Chapter 12 - Catching Up

"I just thought that you were the one who said you'd stay away..." said Hermione when I told her and Luna what had been said in the Astronomy Tower.

"Well, yes, and I have spent way too much time sticking on that plan that I forgot to see the other alternatives," I explained and went back to my dinner.

"Let me get this straight," she said. "Are you two together now?"

"No. No, it's too early for that. I feel too... young for something like this," I said.

"Well, if it's truthful, it doesn't matter what age you are," noted Luna cheerfully. Hermione silently disagreed.

The girls seemed to have understood my awkward position concerning age and stopped talking about this for some times, however, didn't say anything else.

"Are you sure this is not just an infatuation? I mean for Malfoy to go against his family's values... You know how Malfoys are with this. Could it be something that he'll get over when he realises it's not approved?"

"This is exactly what I am trying to figure out. So far it seems that he won't stop that easily. But then again I can't sort out true interest from mere stubbornness when it comes to this person. He is so hard to figure out."

"I'm sorry, Anne but I do think you ought to focus on something more important now," said Luna.

"And what is that?"

"Dumbledore," she said and made a pause. "I thought you wanted to find out what he was hiding from you."

*     *     *

We had all taken our seats when Professor Snape rushed in the class closing all the windows with a wave of his hand. We suppose we had Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Lupin. Where was he?

"Turn to page 394," he said after unrolling the class projector. I loved the way that he was saying good morning by the way... Anyway, there was no time for questions. He was ready to take points from anyone who talks, as always.

"Excuse me, sir. Where is Professor Lupin?" Harry picked up the courage to ask.

"That's not really your concern, is it Potter? But let's say that Professor Lupin is incapable of teaching at the present time - turn page 394!" he repeated. I turned right away. It was the chapter about werewolves. Why would he do the lesson about werewolves? Isn't he supposed to continue with the lesson that we would do with Professor Lupin? There's something wrong here...

"Now, which one can say what is the difference between a werewolf and an animagus?" Hermione raised her hand. "No one... I'm disappointed..."

"Please, sir," Hermione started talking. "An animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf hasn't a choice. With each for that he transforms he no longer remembers who he is. He kills his best friend. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds in the call of his own kind."

"Awoooooo!" shouted Draco. My heart started beating faster and faster but I thought I had to follow my plan. I had to stop thinking about him.

Hermione got in trouble for speaking but Draco didn't. One of the perks of being the Potion's teacher's godson. Snape loaded us with extra homework this time.

Not a minute passed when I saw a little paper bird flying in my direction. I looked around me and saw Draco smiling at me. It was from him.

'Open it...' I read his lips. I looked at Snape to be sure that he was not looking before unfolding the bird.

Join me for a butterbeer at Hogsmeade next Saturday? A walk maybe?
Draco