Chapter 56 - He's Back

Get yourselves some tea or coffee and prepare for a long but epic chapter, guys. We jump straight to the night in the Ministry!

*     *     *

It was my first vision in months and a terrifying one. Sirius was sweating, bleeding, trembling.

The fireworks kept erupting over our heads in the most magnificent and spontaneous stunt the twins could pull off. In the raging crowd, I saw Harry collapsing to the ground. At once, I knew we had seen the same thing, the same vision.

*     *     *

As planned, we got into the Room of Prophesies. The large Hall that homed thousands upon thousands of crystal balls, just like the ones we used in Divination, was completely empty. We walked around and could feel the shelves moving around us. If there was anyone here, if Sirius was here, I would have felt it at once.

I knew we were alone but I didn't lose my faith - one of my biggest regrets in life.

"94..." muttered Harry, running down the small corridor. "95..." he went on, looking for the number 97. The number was close.

"He should be here," said Harry.

"Anne..." I heard Ginny's voice and turned around to see her staring at a Prophecy. "It has your name on it," she said. I stepped near her. "This one..." she pointed out. I carefully took the prophecy. It was not very large; in fact, it was much smaller than the others. I approached the spot that Ginny had pointed and with nimble fingers, I took the tiny Prophesy in my hands.

The Lost Daughter is now born. Lady she is meant to be and Lady she will be, and a Dark Lord's daughter. Beware, for only she knows the key to his collapse. Long may she reign and retribution shall be ours.

The voice inside my head was familiar, yet I felt like I'd never heard it before but in a dream. Maybe I'd heard it in a vision of mine.

It was only a few sentences. Nothing more. I looked at the swirling steam with narrow. What did the prophecy mean? Why do I know the key to Voldemort's collapse? And if I know it, then why doesn't anything come up to me?

Long may she reign? Reign?

"What does it say?" said Harry. I didn't want to tell him anything about it, for it was neither the time nor the place to discuss it. I put the prophecy into my pocket and it was so small that it fitted perfectly. Soon, our attention turned to Neville,

"Harry, this one has your name on it," he said. Harry got closer to his own prophecy and took it. His one was twice the size of mine. Harry was now reading the prophecy and all of us stood in silence.

"Harry!" screamed Hermione. When I turned to look at her, I found her pointing her wand to a masked man. He was a Death Eater. And as soon as I saw him, I knew who it was, even though I couldn't see his face. His long blond hair betrayed him. It was Lucius Malfoy. He continued walking with steady steps.

"Where is Sirius?" demanded Harry.

"You know, you should learn to tell the difference between dreams..." he pulled out his black wand and removed the mask revealing the face I already knew was hiding underneath the mask. "And reality," he paused as almost everyone backed off. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see."

I was lingering somewhere between the ideas of hiding or running but even in my head, it sounded as impossible as it was immature. Showing my face next to Dumbeldore's Army was a death sentence performed and executed by my own father. Lucius had until then, ignored me, but this was soon to change.